Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings sign OT David Quessenberry

Interesting. I remember when he was drafted. He fell a lot further than he was supposed to. 33 now, cancer survivor, plenty of starting experience on both side of the line. Probably means Brandel is staying at guard as our Ingram backstop. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Interesting. I remember when he was drafted. He fell a lot further than he was supposed to. 33 now, cancer survivor, plenty of starting experience on both side of the line. Probably means Brandel is staying at guard as our Ingram backstop. 
Quessenberry played Guard for Buffalo last year in addition to Tackle so we have 3 players (including Udoh) who can play Guard and Tackle.  Maybe that means that Brandel can take Ingram's spot...at least until Ingram learns to play it.

Udoh might take his mental lapses and go somewhere else.

According to my calculations that would make 54

Quote: @badgervike said:
@MaroonBells said:
Quessenberry played Guard for Buffalo last year in addition to Tackle so we have 3 players (including Udoh) who can play Guard and Tackle.  Maybe that means that Brandel can take Ingram's spot...at least until Ingram learns to play it.
He played one game at guard and he was awful, grading 39 in pass blocking. I can't find a single other game in his 10 seasons where he played guard, so I suspect it was emergency duty. He's played plenty of LT and RT though. 

I saw the name and thought of this guy.[Image: 9u70y5f98dz4.png]

Quote: @kmillard said:
I saw the name and thought of this guy.[Image: 9u70y5f98dz4.png]
Ditto…!  Wink B)  

Quote: @FLVike said:
According to my calculations that would make 54
They put Nwangwu on IR to get to 53.