Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB Duke Shelley released by the Raiders
Can we all relax now? Maybe realize Minnesota is trying to do better than Duke Shelley......and Shelley isn't good? 

Nope no relaxing is allowed [Image: hosnhty4sxlc.gif]

Shelley played well for us in the few games he got (I doubt we beat the Bills without him). But considering the Vikings wouldn't bump their offer by a measly 100K to keep him, we can probably assume he wasn't a Flores corner. All the Viking corners currently on the roster are 5-11 and above. 

Since Najee Thompson is a ST only corner, the Vikings could still be looking for one more. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Shelley played well for us in the few games he got (I doubt we beat the Bills without him). But considering the Vikings wouldn't bump their offer by a measly 100K to keep him, we can probably assume he wasn't a Flores corner. All the Viking corners currently on the roster are 5-11 and above. 

Since Najee Thompson is a ST only corner, the Vikings could still be looking for one more. 
Well, he's also not a Raiders' corner either, along with not being a 'Flores corner'. My point is he might have played well in a very short stint, but he's not a good corner. Minnesota is trying to elevate the position. I suppose it doesn't mean they might not resign him, but why? It would be a step back in my opinion.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Well, he's also not a Raiders' corner either, along with not being a 'Flores corner'. My point is he might have played well in a very short stint, but he's not a good corner. Minnesota is trying to elevate the position. I suppose it doesn't mean they might not resign him, but why? It would be a step back in my opinion.

We are talking about 4th and 5th corners here. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

We are talking about 4th and 5th corners here. 
Yep, I hear you. Still feel the same personally.

I'm trying to decide if he should go to the left or right of Audi Cole on the Vikings Mt. Rushmore.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

A step back how? 
Shelley has more NFL snaps then the our entire non-Murphy CB room and
has historically beaten out some of these guys for playing time. 
What are the odds we’re going to find both a CB2 and a nickel on our
roster that’s better than Shelley?
The only way our CB room makes sense is if you are planning for 2024 and want to go with potential.  There's nothing about our CB room that says we're serious about 2023.

Wonder how often teams cut players not for a lack of talent but for character and moral issues?