Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Running Back

The Flores connection, must be a fan.

There it is. Not a bad back. Decent receiver, good pass blocker. 

Who do you think gets bumped down to the practice squad or gets waived/release?

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Who do you think gets bumped down to the practice squad or gets waived/release?
Muse if Hocks back…cough cough contract…cough cough gets sorted out. 

Looks like Reagor got pushed off to make room.

Nice addition. He became expendable when they drafted Achane. He immediately becomes the best pass catching RB on the roster, but he's a solid runner and pass blocker that will fit our RB by Committee approach perfectly. He can also run the Wildcat and did so in Miami. I think what makes him such a nice pickup is his versatility. When he's on the field, you are not limited to what you can do offensively. Kene will go to IR after week 1 so he only misses 4 games although I'm really not sure why we are hanging on to him after the Kickoff rule changes and missing all of training camp with an undisclosed injury. 

I'm really not sold on Nwangwu.  If he's not healthy enough during TC/Pre-season to even take a look at, does he go to PS?  I heard one thought that might send him to IR and he'll only miss the first four games of the season.  I am a Ty Chandler fan, and I think McBride just needs some seasoning on PS...I never thought he would make the 53, and he didn't.

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
I'm really not sold on Nwangwu.  If he's not healthy enough during TC/Pre-season to even take a look at, does he go to PS?  I heard one thought that might send him to IR and he'll only miss the first four games of the season.  I am a Ty Chandler fan, and I think McBride just needs some seasoning on PS...I never thought he would make the 53, and he didn't.
Vikings have to wait until after week 1 to IR Kene so he only misses 4 games. If they do it now, he's done for the season. 

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
I'm not sold on Nwangwu either. Gadget player in space, love him. Kick returner, one of the best. But he's just never looked like a runner who can line up in the backfield and get you 3 tough yards.

In that regard, Gaskin was exactly the kind of back I was hoping for, and I think he might step right in week one as RB3 behind Al and Ty.