Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sidebar: Vikings offseason in Review
Good overview:

Offseason In Review: Minnesota Vikings (profootballrumors.com)

Big-picture contract questions surround the Vikings, who certainly are not being treated like a team coming off a 13-4 season. Las Vegas has them firmly behind the Lions for NFC North title odds. The Vikings’ offseason decisions also pointed to this regime not buying into last year’s surprising success. With Spielman-era staples near the end, this could become the transition year most expected from the Vikings in 2022. But the team still has promising pieces — particularly on offense — to launch a viable repeat bid in a division without a surefire contender.

Quote: @minny65 said:
Good overview:

Big-picture contract questions surround the Vikings, who certainly are not being treated like a team coming off a 13-4 season. Las Vegas has them firmly behind the Lions for NFC North title odds. The Vikings’ offseason decisions also pointed to this regime not buying into last year’s surprising success. With Spielman-era staples near the end, this could become the transition year most expected from the Vikings in 2022. But the team still has promising pieces — particularly on offense — to launch a viable repeat bid in a division without a surefire contender.
I don't think that it's unrealistic to believe the Vikings will be a better team than last year with a worse record due to the strength of schedule, lack of depth, and the unsustainable streak of good luck they had last season. 10-7 may be enough to win the division. The improved defense alone will be a significant step in the right direction especially if they can consistently win the turnover battle. There have been plenty of mediocre defenses with average stats that have been fantastic at creating turnovers. I'm predicting a big improvement in turnover ratio from the "Flores Experience" that will help this team challenge for a playoff spot. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@minny65 said:
Good overview:

I don't think that it's unrealistic to believe the Vikings will be a better team than last year with a worse record due to the strength of schedule, lack of depth, and the unsustainable streak of good luck they had last season. 10-7 may be enough to win the division. The improved defense alone will be a significant step in the right direction especially if they can consistently win the turnover battle. There have been plenty of mediocre defenses with average stats that have been fantastic at creating turnovers. I'm predicting a big improvement in turnover ratio from the "Flores Experience" that will help this team challenge for a playoff spot. 
Yea I see a window of 8-10 wins.  10 if Flores proves to be the D guru Smile