Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cine/Booth
Don't get me stated with how disappointing this pair has been -- and how that reflects on Kwesi.

I am just wondering as I sit recovering from my own ear infection, if Cine and Booth are so far down the depth chart, will they and can they be expected to play a lot on special teams.  I believe Cine was injured last year on special teams -- he seems like a player that is perfect for special teams but I don't recall any splash special team plays (unlike certain other DBs).  Booth I don't recall playing special teams (I haven't watch any preseason) and I think he is a candidate for trade.  I actually think that if the Vikes pursued Trey Lance, I could see s straight-up Booth for Lance trade.

With the money Lance is due he shouldn't even be considered for a trade unless the 49er's eat most of his salary.

I like what I've seen from Cine. His run support instincts and speed in pursuit has been very good. If he fixes his tackling, I think we have Harry's replacement. Booth is a different story. He hasn't even flashed, either in coverage or in run support, or on special teams. He gets closer to being a bust with every passing day. Would not at all be surprised to see him traded while his 2nd round pedigree is still fresh in the minds of NFL GMs. 

I don't think the Vikings will go after Lance though. It's too early to give up on Hall IMO. And I think they would have to in order to make room for Lance. 

Speaking of disappointments, can we get Ingram to play special teams too because he can't pass block

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I like what I've seen from Cine. His run support instincts and speed in pursuit has been very good. If he fixes his tackling, I think we have Harry's replacement. Booth is a different story. He hasn't even flashed, either in coverage or in run support, or on special teams. He gets closer to being a bust with every passing day. Would not at all be surprised to see him traded while his 2nd round pedigree is still fresh in the minds of NFL GMs. 

I don't think the Vikings will go after Lance though. It's too early to give up on Hall IMO. And I think they would have to in order to make room for Lance. 
Cine:  Cine was never asked/required to tackle in the run game, as he had Jordan Davis, Jalen Carter and Nolan Smith on the front, at UGA
           & Nakobe Dean & Travon Walker, at the second level.  

Of all the players from the phenomenal UGA D's from the past 3 years, Cine should have jumped from the tape.  He didn't.  
         El Busto. 

Booth:  Unfortunately, made of glass.  Well known before the draft.  Took him anyway.  

Well KAM that didn't work I guess next year we can trade down 20 spots in the first round and try again.

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
Well KAM that didn't work I guess next year we can trade down 20 spots in the first round and try again.
First draft Ive ever turned off and went to bed on. I was soooooooo pissed that we passed on Hamilton. A once a decade safety prospect was sitting right there. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"FLVike" said:
First draft Ive ever turned off and went to bed on. I was soooooooo pissed that we passed on Hamilton. A once a decade safety prospect was sitting right there. 
Hamilton is a beast, I think he was the highest rated rookie defender according to PFF.  

I thought it was a no brainer pick as well.  Then you add the trade down with the Lions with crappy value and it was not a very good first look at novice Kwesi as GM.  

Booth was just a bad choice unfortunately. Sucks.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Booth was just a bad choice unfortunately. Sucks.
Yep. It’s kind of funny. If he were on another team he feels like exactly the type of player Kwesi would try to trade a 7th for. But as it is, I’m not sure he’ll even make the team. And our CB room is thin as it is.