Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson got his wish
He said he didn't sign up for 9 touches, right? He only had to touch the ball 8 times yesterday.

Saints are in rebuild mode right now after going 0-2. To show how deceiving passing stats can be: Brees threw for almost 300 yards against Minnesota and had 356 against the Patriots. PF 39 - PA 65. 

AD was 8 for 26 and Ingram was 8 for 52.  Small sample size but one back clearly played better...

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Saints are in rebuild mode right now after going 0-2. To show how deceiving passing stats can be: Brees threw for almost 300 yards against Minnesota and had 356 against the Patriots. PF 39 - PA 65. 
What do you think is deceiving about passing stats?  I think the clear driver for their issues is
their defense not their lack of a ground game.

This movie has been seen so many times.  Saint defense is the main problem in New Orleans.  But, aging superstar is iverpaud.  Team tries hard to appease them, but can't overspend.  Player get angry.  Leaves team for less money to the only team interested (slightly) in them.  Aging superstar not a fit with eroding skills and one dimensional.

it rarely works out.  It did for Joe Montana and Marcus Allen, but both had a greater set of skills than Peterson.  Specifically, Allen was a multipurpose back and a 3-down back.

it is sad, but Peterson got adored in Minnesota and was paid handsomely.  New Orleans will simply be a career footnote when the Vikings put him in the ring of honor in a few years.  Lots of Vikings didn't end their career here.  But, all were welcomed back

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
What do you think is deceiving about passing stats?  I think the clear driver for their issues is
their defense not their lack of a ground game.
Deceiving as a measuring stick of success as far as wins and losses. Deceiving that much of it might come after the game has been decided (garbage time). 

AD and his agent certainly didn't research the Aint's recent history.  With their crappy D they play from behind quite a bit.  In the 3rd and 4th quarters, Brees needs receivers, not clock killers.
Face it, AD.  You picked NO 'cause they met your discounted price that no one else wanted to pony up for. 

Lol. But I thought there was so much more love for him there than in Minnesota. At least that's what Adrian said. Oh well, next week he can get 7 snaps. 

watched a lottle of the saints game and saw a few of APs carries.  it is just sad now.  i feel bad for AP although I have been really vocal about letting him go.  But i just hate seeing a once great player just crash and burn in a place that he just does not fit.

Thing is...there really were no suitors for him.

Ya dance with who BOUGHT ya.