Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings, Hunter come to terms

He'll hit free agency next March. Probably always headed this way. Should get his best this season. 

Excellent news

Naturally, I wish we we locked him up for 5 years, but I understand the apprehension that the Vikings had with his neck.  If he can say that this year, healthy (we hope), under Flores (we trust), he has the dominant year, I see two things...A) he will have earned the big long-term payday he seeks and B) we will be in a better cap space and we have the option to go after him as a FA.  Anyway...this is good and put that distraction aside and play some football.  Next stop:  Hockenson; and then JJ.

Great, another Kwesi non-move.  So we get Hunter for this year (good for this season) but basically assures Hunter and his agent will want to test FA.  Then we either have to overpay to keep him (unlikely) or he leaves and we get at best a 3rd round comp pick.

All the pressure was on the Vikings to get something done. Him @ camp and not practicing was kinda toxic if you ask me.

1 year deal is meh to me as a fan...

I would rather have bit the bullet and traded him for picks now. 

Maybe they didnt get an offer the wanted (the Vikings) but they assured themselves of no more than 1, 3rd rounder next year for him to walk

It's done. It is what it is. Hard to bargain with someone when you have no leverage 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
It's done. It is what it is. Hard to bargain with someone when you have no leverage 
Not sure you understand leverage,  the team had plenty of leverage.  

I think this was a poor decision,   either extend him or trade him,  this one year deal was a waste of time IMO. 

Hunter and Cousins are on final year contracts which, in my opinion, will get the best out of them.