Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joejuan Williams taking starting CB reps early
https://twitter.com/MatthewColler/status...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F15aj8oz%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

Andrew Booth??

[Image: where-are-you-james-t-kirk.gif]

Not too surprising considering he's the only player on the team with experience in Flores defense. But this was a signing that didn't get much attention. 

6-4, 212, former 2nd rounder. Probably too slow to start, but I could see him playing a key role. 

I am intrigued with this kid.  And the Tonga dude...

Well spoken. 

Not sure if Joejuan will hold onto or win this job outright by the time the season starts, but it would be HUGE. My gut says he won't. A Flores defense is definitely a meritocracy, so let the best dudes go get it.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Not sure if Joejuan will hold onto or win this job outright by the time the season starts, but it would be HUGE. My gut says he won't. A Flores defense is definitely a meritocracy, so let the best dudes go get it.
Honestly, the best thing for the Vikings is for Andrew Booth and Lewis Cine to beat out their competition and win starting roles. It's not catastrophic if they don't--the depth is good. But it's huge if they do. 

Depth.  The most underrated factor in a deep run.  While I am rooting for both Cine and Booth to make the roster and to be starters, right now, if Josh Metellus beats out Cine at Safety and Joejuan beats out Booth at CB, that means that our starters are good and our depth is better.

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
Depth.  The most underrated factor in a deep run.  While I am rooting for both Cine and Booth to make the roster and to be starters, right now, if Josh Metellus beats out Cine at Safety and Joejuan beats out Booth at CB, that means that our starters are good and our depth is better.
Or it could mean our "GM" is not great at running a draft =)   

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
It's still a possibility that both Cine and Booth are flat out busts, that they just can't play in the NFL. Obviously too early to say, but it's possible. We already know that Josh and Joejuan can play...at least contribute. But neither is signed beyond this season.

So I'd say if we can get Booth and Cine, both on rookie deals, to legitimately compete for starting jobs this year, that would be the best possible scenario for the Vikings.