Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin trending again
Seems everyone wants Dalvin. Odd we couldn't even squeeze a late rounder out of that. But I suspect the Vikings did Dalvin a solid by instead releasing him and letting him choose where he wants to go. Is this bad business? Or is this the kind of altruism that gets the Vikings ranked #1 among free agents and is better business long term? 

i suspect its more about teams not wanting to pay his remaining contract.  now DC at a lower compensation level and not having to give up anything in the process... different story.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
i suspect its more about teams not wanting to pay his remaining contract.  now DC at a lower compensation level and not having to give up anything in the process... different story.
The fact that he hasn't signed yet tells me that none of the offers Dalvin's gotten are up to what he was expecting or hoping for.  Now his agent is trying to hype interest by posting on social media that Dalvin's in Miami, the inference being "Hey, you other teams better raise your offers or Dalvin's a Dolphin."

The response from everyone else seems to be a yawn.

Welcome to reality in 2023 Dalvin: dinged-up RB's with dubious analytics don't get $10 mil.

Teams aren't RB focused, it's turned into a commodity position like special teams.  They want young bodies that they can burn through on the cheap.  

I thought Dalvin might find a team that would pay him around 5m but the market is so weak he may have to swallow hard and take a vet minimum deal with incentives.  His agent beating a drum has no effect.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Seems everyone wants Dalvin.

Are you being funny?   Or did you just have a chat with his agent?  Smile
Quote:Odd we couldn't even squeeze a late rounder out of that.

The time to do that was before the draft, but he maneuvered his surgery to prevent it I think. Can't pass a physical, can't get traded.   His game seemed to be wait out the Vikings and then maybe they'd bring him back at full money?  I have no idea.   This Purple offseason has been completely opaque in so many ways.  Kwesi is either a mad genius or a total idiot.  Time will tell.   
Quote: But I suspect the Vikings did Dalvin a solid by instead releasing him and letting him choose where he wants to go.

A solid would be releasing him at least right after the draft rather than waiting a couple of months while what little RB market there was completely dried up.

Quote: Is this bad business? Or is this the kind of altruism that gets the Vikings ranked #1 among free agents and is better business long term? 

Now I know you're being funny!  :p   I know the NFLPA has time on it's hands to cook up talking points but let's be real, free agents in a league that features very short careers are interested in 3 things:

1.  Money
2.  More Money
3.  More Money and a shot at a ring
~~~
99. The Viking's lunch buffet and workout facilities

He wants to be a on a team that needs that final piece and he wants more money.
The realization that the Vikings offered more money than any other team must be very disappointing.

Quote: @FLVike said:
The realization that the Vikings offered more money than any other team must be very disappointing.

I think the realization the Vikings "probably" offered the most $ is more reaffirming than anything. 

But yah, at this point in his career he wants a ring and $$$. 

He may get a $5mm contract, but it will be incentive laden given the position. 

Bad era to be a RB, great era to be an edge, WR, QB or OT. 

Yes, I think the Vikes offered a certain amount of money way back in the beginning and the agent told Dalvin if released he would get a new contract for more than what the Vikings were offering.  Now the agent has been unable to come through and the agent is doing everything possible to try to create interest and a bidding war.  We will see whether this agent survives this screw-up.  Sometimes, one in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Agent is probably praying to the injury gods as we speak.

Boomer said the Vikings have 7m offer on the table. From Purple PTWhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74dzQG5c088

Boomer said the Vikings have 7m offer on the table. From Purple PTW

I dont know Boomers source, but I dont believe it. 

Ive already moved on and am looking forward to seeing what these younger backs can do in the right rotation.