Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EJ Henderson
Just because he was a really great Viking and one of my favorite players ever. I remember how excited and absolutely stunned I was that we were able to get him in the second round after watching him dominate in college at Maryland. Would absolutely lay the lumber on anybody and when we had the Williams wall in front of him, nobody was running on us. Definitely miss those days..

Guy had a nonstop motor...was at the AZ game..sad

van@"Vanguard83" said:
Quote:
Guy had a nonstop motor...was at the AZ game..sad
me too,
slip sliding away was the team.
Arizona was accused of tampering with the turf, only a certain type of cleat would allow proper footing.
No Viking had such cleats and all Arizona players did.

I know we've had some great ones, but fair question:

Is EJ the greatest linebacker in Vikings history? 

I think it's a close call between EJ, Studwell, and Chad Greenway. EJ was just a different beast though..

If we have a healthy EJ, we don't lose to the Saints.  Jasper did very well in filling in that year for a rookie, but EJ was playing on a premier level that year.  

One or two plays would have made all the difference in that game.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:

I think it's a close call between EJ, Studwell, and Chad Greenway. EJ was just a different beast though..

You might be too young to remember Jeff Sieman but he belongs in the conversation.

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

You might be too young to remember Jeff Sieman but he belongs in the conversation.
Wally Hilgenberg and Roy Winston were really good too.

Matt Blair should be getting some love.. no?

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Yeah my earliest Viking memories start in the mid-80's so I don't remember him. 

Interesting though that our linebackers have always throughout our franchise history been overshadowed by some of the greatest defensive lines in NFL history. We've had some really good ones. Kendricks should also be mentioned in this conversation. His first few years in the league were incredible as the leader of Zimmers defense. Incredible instincts for the position. He was like a Greg Biekert with actual athletic talent 

Jeff Sieman came out of Sanford...He was a big thug with a lot of intelligence.  He could stop a back in his tracks...