Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings ‘Standout’ DB Could Steal Starting Job in 2023
Maybe another great find by Spelly in the 6th?

Vikings ‘Standout’ DB Could Steal Starting Job in 2023 (msn.com)

I think Metellus has already outplayed his draft slot. If we can get one more good year out of Harrison Smith, safety could be one of our deepest positions. I see a lot of big nickel. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I think Metellus has already outplayed his draft slot. If we can get one more good year out of Harrison Smith, safety could be one of our deepest positions. I see a lot of big nickel. 
I agree, not often a 6th round draft pick ever starts.  So far, he has only started in 3 games but looks poised to start a lot more.  Very good special team's player which is the minimum of what you're looking for in all late round draft picks but that doesn't even happen most times either.  

Wk3 last year vs Lions he had 11 tackles and 2 PD's.  In those 3 starts had 5 PD's.  Bynum (4th rounder) had 6 PD's total.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
I agree, not often a 6th round draft pick ever starts.  So far, he has only started in 3 games but looks poised to start a lot more.  Very good special team's player which is the minimum of what you're looking for in all late round draft picks but that doesn't even happen most times either.  

Wk3 last year vs Lions he had 11 tackles and 2 PD's.  In those 3 starts had 5 PD's.  Bynum (4th rounder) had 6 PD's total.  
His PFF grade is ridiculous too. When he plays, he plays at a very high level. At least according to PFF who has him graded at 85, which was 2nd only to Danielle Hunter on the Vikings defense. Can he maintain that level with more snaps? That's the question.