Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like most of the AFC E has given Cook an offer?
Wonder what the final contract will be?

Wont be $10mm/year for sure

Turn some of that into signing $, 3 year deal and you get Dalvin on the cheap 27/28/29 then call it a day .

At some point his dwindling offers might start to approach the amount the Vikings have already offered. And what happens then? Does he come back? 

Hard to see the Vikings pulling the rug out from under Mattison. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
At some point his dwindling offers might start to approach the amount the Vikings have already offered. And what happens then? Does he come back? 

I'd assume when he left he left for good. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I'd assume when he left he left for good. 
Me too...

Cant ever say never, but that chapter seems closed.

Power trip show said he was asking for 10m. this morning, he might get 8 for one year would be my guess maybe 10  with incentives?  

His best chance for a big contract is if a team loses their starting RB for the season during training camp.

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
His best chance for a big contract is if a team loses their starting RB for the season during training camp.
That might be true if there wasnt half a dozen fairly decent RBs still unsigned. 

I’d be quite surprised if Cook gets +$5m/yr

Pretty soon he will come to the realization that the Vikings are more generous than the other 31 teams.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:

Nope.  Not gonna happen.  I think with the current Mattison, McBride (surprise), Nwangu and Chandler (changes of pace), even at a 50% discount it's not worth it.  I agree that they are going to give Mattison the rug and not pull it out from underneath him.  I like the Chief's, Eagles recent success of multiple small, quick backs in rotation, with an occasional battering ram.  For a fraction of Cook's price.