Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Forbath alternatives?
I know it didnt matter today, but...the XP misses are going to cost us eventually.

Special teams in general were a weak spot today. Forbath had his second missed PAT in two weeks, I don't have confidence in McKinnon as a kick returner, and Priefer made two horrible decisions with the fake punt, and then illegal field goal blocking formation, which gave Pittsburgh a chance to rekick and put 3 points on the board.

That fake punt was awful and so obvious when it happened. I don't think there is a Forbath alternative at this point. Kick returns are going to be inconsistent. That will take time to sort out.

If it will make us feel any better Walsh just missed an XP for the Hawks.  =)
Did anybody pick up our kicker we cut? 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
That fake punt was awful and so obvious when it happened. I don't think there is a Forbath alternative at this point. Kick returns are going to be inconsistent. That will take time to sort out.
The fake punt was just an awful call, it wasn't executed well and it put a lot of pressure on a defense that was already having a bad game. As for McKinnon, it's a small sample size, but he hasn't shown me any reason why he shouldn't just take a knee every time. He's also struggled on offense and I feel like if he keeps that up, then Murray should be getting more of his snaps. I'd like to see Jet do well, but I don't have a lot of confidence in him at the moment.

Just go for 2, every time. 

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
Just go for 2, every time. 
It's getting close to that point.

Quote: @"Norse" said:
If it will make us feel any better Walsh just missed an XP for the Hawks.  =)
Did anybody pick up our kicker we cut? 
Lol. I don't know if it makes me feel better but thanks for sharing.

Forbath misses on PATs is happening way too often.  He gets one more shot IMO, and then, we have to look elsewhere.  Oddly, he is fine on FGs from all distances.

I kept hearing KR didn't matter...