Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For supafreak84. Thought you'd like this

Pretty nice of the Wilf's to do that.  Not many owners would care enough about somebody they fired to do such a thing as that.

Very nice gesture by the Wilfs

The organization is high class all the way.  At a game a few years back,
my son and I we taken to the field at halftime for a little competition
with other kids and their dads. A couple weeks later, I emailed the
Vikings to ask if the footage would be available anywhere. They sent me
a DVD of it, and a bunch of Viking swag. It was totally unexpected and very much appreciated.

I had the chance to visit with Zyg and Mark before a game in KC years ago,  for gazillion aires they were very approachable and friendly,  even if they did lie about the tailgating priority of a new stadium,  I have to admit that I am still a fan of theirs as far as an ownership group goes.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I had the chance to visit with Zyg and Mark before a game in KC years ago,  for gazillion aires they were very approachable and friendly,  even if they did lie about the tailgating priority of a new stadium,  I have to admit that I am still a fan of theirs as far as an ownership group goes.
The Wilfs are great people and great owners. On the flip side they've done nothing to show they know the game of football. Take the good with the bad 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
The Wilfs are great people and great owners. On the flip side they've done nothing to show they know the game of football. Take the good with the bad 
what owner knows the game of football?  every owner out there gets blasted for how bad they screw things up.   the best owners just hire football people and sign checks,  those that try and be football people just end up looking the fool.

I agree. I believe they are the owners you can win a Superbowl with. We went from Red, running the team trying to just barely get over the minimum salary requirement , not being willing to pay enough coaches, and saying no to heating the outdoor filed to prepare for a playoff game. Didn't Tice have to call a buddy with a jet to pick up Winfield?  Then the Wilf's come to town and spend, spend, spend.

@"supafreak84" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
what owner knows the game of football?  every owner out there gets blasted for how bad they screw things up.   the best owners just hire football people and sign checks,  those that try and be football people just end up looking the fool.
It can certainly be argued if they hired a "football person" in KAM. I think they carry unreasonable expectations a lot of times and project those expectations on to their football people instead of just allowing them to do their jobs. I firmly believe that's the reason our first choice for the job (Poles) took the Bears job instead 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
It can certainly be argued if they hired a "football person" in KAM. I think they carry unreasonable expectations a lot of times and project those expectations on to their football people instead of just allowing them to do their jobs. I firmly believe that's the reason our first choice for the job (Poles) took the Bears job instead 
Who said he was the first choice?  Do we know if he was for sure offered?