Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cook released this morning

KFAN reported a little while ago that he would be released tomorrow at 3pm... 

I could be completely wrong but I don’t think he’ll be missed as much as many think. Sure he can explode for that big play but more often than not he was completely stopped at or behind the line of scrimmage. KOC’s offense will be just fine with a RB by committee approach.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...8qyb2rkaUQ&s=19

What I think this means:

1. This is a last attempt to shake the trade tree.
  2. They have reached a deal with JJ for an extension but they need the Cook $s to execute.  They want to close the JJ extension before the mandatory minicamps.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
What I think this means:

1. This is a last attempt to shake the trade tree.
  2. They have reached a deal with JJ for an extension but they need the Cook $s to execute.  They want to close the JJ extension before the mandatory minicamps.
Hunter's renegotiate might factor into this too

Sad to see him go. Very good player and seemed like a locker room leader. Definitely a Zim favorite, maybe not so much with KO. Like Teddy before him, I wish Dalvin had taken a paycut to stick around. I doubt his open market deal is so high the Vikings wouldn't have given him something very similar.

Hard to believe we couldn't get anything for him.  Not sure what Kwesi was looking for but a 3rd, 4th, or 5th doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities.  Not really a fan of straight up releasing him.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Hard to believe we couldn't get anything for him.  Not sure what Kwesi was looking for but a 3rd, 4th, or 5th doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities.  Not really a fan of straight up releasing him.
Why would teams give up draft capital for him and his contract? RB is becoming less a valued commodity every year. Guys like Zeke Elliot are still FA's and Barkley still hasn't signed with the Giants. This ended exactly how I thought it would end and I am glad they're moving on and getting major cap relief.

Well I guess I need to get my mom a new player jersey. I already got her Jefferson and she can still wear Dalvin's jersey but still. I guess he can go to Miami or wherever now. I wonder if there were any issues with his physical.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Well I guess I need to get my mom a new player jersey. I already got her Jefferson and she can still wear Dalvin's jersey but still. I guess he can go to Miami or wherever now. I wonder if there were any issues with his physical.
I would guess his problem is his salary and that there are equally good options available via free agency that haven't been snapped up yet that will almost certainly be cheaper than what his contract was going to be.