Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way too early mock draft
I'm sure we'll see a 2024 mock soon. But what I always find interesting is going back a year to see who was supposed to be a 1st rounder before the season played out. Vikings drafted (and undrafted) three from this one. 

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-way-too-e...-1-overall

interesting  #7  Joaquin roy #15  Andre Carter #21 Addison 

Thanks for posting this, very interesting.  Actually surprised that 2 wr went before Addison considering the year he had.

This is from TSN -- its list of sleepers:

Also watch: Andre Carter II, Army. Carter is the opposite of Young in terms of size, as the Army product is 6-7, 256 pounds and has the length needed to be a menace at the next level. He only had 3.5 sacks in 10 games as a senior but if he can tap into the form that saw him record 14.5 as a junior, he could emerge as a threatening all-around edge presence.

And from CBS's list of sleepers:

Ivan Pace appears to be a polarizing linebacker in this class with projections varying greatly on where he could end up. Considering that he's an undersized former two-star prospect who didn't play in a Power Five conference, that's not surprising. At the end of the day, however, he was an All-American for an elite Group of Five school who had 10 sacks and forced three fumbles in 2022. Wherever the football is, that's where you'll find Pace. Yes, he's only 5-foot-11, but he plays with a mean streak and will be hard to keep off the field even if he slips to the sixth or seventh round.

From Riddick (at ESPN) list of sleepers:Jaquelin Roy:  Even though he was not a regular starter for LSU, this guy has all of the tools to be a dominant NFL defensive tackle. His get-off explosiveness is excellent, he has heavy hands, and he has very good lateral quickness. Roy was consistently disruptive when he was allowed to play on the edge of the guard or stunt/move at the snap, rather than playing 0-technique (nose guard). The 6-foot-3, 305-pounder could play defensive end at the next level if needed.  If Roy is drafted by a team with a good defensive line room and position coach, he is going to be a breakout star of this draft.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
This is from TSN -- its list of sleepers:

Also watch: Andre Carter II, Army. Carter is the opposite of Young in terms of size, as the Army product is 6-7, 256 pounds and has the length needed to be a menace at the next level. He only had 3.5 sacks in 10 games as a senior but if he can tap into the form that saw him record 14.5 as a junior, he could emerge as a threatening all-around edge presence.

And from CBS's list of sleepers:

Ivan Pace appears to be a polarizing linebacker in this class with projections varying greatly on where he could end up. Considering that he's an undersized former two-star prospect who didn't play in a Power Five conference, that's not surprising. At the end of the day, however, he was an All-American for an elite Group of Five school who had 10 sacks and forced three fumbles in 2022. Wherever the football is, that's where you'll find Pace. Yes, he's only 5-foot-11, but he plays with a mean streak and will be hard to keep off the field even if he slips to the sixth or seventh round.

From Riddick (at ESPN) list of sleepers:Jaquelin Roy:  Even though he was not a regular starter for LSU, this guy has all of the tools to be a dominant NFL defensive tackle. His get-off explosiveness is excellent, he has heavy hands, and he has very good lateral quickness. Roy was consistently disruptive when he was allowed to play on the edge of the guard or stunt/move at the snap, rather than playing 0-technique (nose guard). The 6-foot-3, 305-pounder could play defensive end at the next level if needed.  If Roy is drafted by a team with a good defensive line room and position coach, he is going to be a breakout star of this draft.
all 3 of these guys will be a lot of fun to watch develop...

Roy is 315 lbs. if he weighs an ounce....might even be close to 320 lbs. Strong dude. He's not a nose tackle, he's a 3T under tackle. I really wish Minnesota would move back to a 4-3 D. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Roy is 315 lbs. if he weighs an ounce....might even be close to 320 lbs. Strong dude. He's not a nose tackle, he's a 3T under tackle. I really wish Minnesota would move back to a 4-3 D. 
He's a 5-tech in our defense. And one of our biggest positions of need IMO. He's going to need some time. I think he rotates with Phillips and Lowry this year before replacing one of them next. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
He's a 5-tech in our defense. And one of our biggest positions of need IMO. He's going to need some time. I think he rotates with Phillips and Lowry this year before replacing one of them next. 

Agreed that he is a 5T here with the ability to slide inside in a 4-down alignment. Obviously Tomlinson is much better but that is the role he'll play. 

My reference to 3T was for a 4-3.