Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAU Owls
How 'bout dem Owls?? Up and coming University about 3 miles from my door here in East Boca Raton. Have only had a basketball program since the '80s. Nice to see their success here locally. You might have heard about their football program...Lane Kiffin was the head coach for 3 years not long ago. 

Go Owls!!

[Image: 1200px-Florida_Atlantic_Owls_logo.svg.png]

Greg Joseph went to FAU. Actually grew up in Boca Raton. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Greg Joseph went to FAU. Actually grew up in Boca Raton. 
Yeah, he's from South Africa originally. Met some of his extended family at a bar called Biergarden in Boca....very, very nice people.

Woooooo! Nice win for FAU, Final Four time. Boca was partying last night!

Flying back from San Diego for business, the plane is loaded with SDSU fans heading to Houston. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Flying back from San Diego for business, the plane is loaded with SDSU fans heading to Houston. 
There's nothing more fun than basketball tournaments. Even high school b-ball tournaments are a blast. I can only imagine what they're like at that level. 

Top sporting events ranked in terms of excitement....

1. NFL draft
2. March Madness
3. NFC and AFC Championship games
4. Game 7 World Series
5. NBM Game 7
6. Game 7 Stanley Cup
7. NCAA College Football Championship
8. The Olympics
9. Wimbledon
10. tie: Beer league kickball, Quidditch, Unicycle Polo, Chess Boxing, National Paint Drying Championships, Super Bowl

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
There's nothing more fun than basketball tournaments. Even high school b-ball tournaments are a blast. I can only imagine what they're like at that level. 

Top sporting events ranked in terms of excitement....

1. NFL draft
2. March Madness
3. NFC and AFC Championship games
4. Game 7 World Series
5. NBM Game 7
6. Game 7 Stanley Cup
7. NCAA College Football Championship
8. The Olympics
9. Wimbledon
10. tie: Beer league kickball, Quidditch, Unicycle Polo, Chess Boxing, National Paint Drying Championships, Super Bowl
Going to be fun in the big town tonight! Wife and I are having a watch party at home with 3 other couples, but the bars will be busting at the seams around Boca Raton. Go Owls!

Damn Sticky, tough way to lose. Really thought FAU had the game.

Uconn grad, looking for #5

Only school to win the mens and womens championship in the same year....  UCONN has done it twice.

If I didn't know better Sticky, I would say you must be a Vikings fan.