Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick Mullens to re-sign
And we get the QB news that we've all been waiting for.

I like his game,  I dont know if he has more to show,  but he is the kind of scrappy play maker I think can come in and salvage a game if the starter is out.  maybe back up is his ceiling,  maybe he has more to offer,  but he seems to be fun to watch.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I like his game,  I dont know if he has more to show,  but he is the kind of scrappy play maker I think can come in and salvage a game if the starter is out.  maybe back up is his ceiling,  maybe he has more to offer,  but he seems to be fun to watch.
Agree. After years of Mannion, who was an auto-L, I think Mullens is a QB we can actually win a game with.

Good choice. He reminds me of a young Keenum. He has that drive to win and a pretty good arm to make the throws necessary. Mannion by all accounts is a really nice guy, but he never struck me as having the fire I like to see. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
Good choice. He reminds me of a young Keenum. He has that drive to win and a pretty good arm to make the throws necessary. Mannion by all accounts is a really nice guy, but he never struck me as having the fire I like to see. 
and he bounces around,  moves his feet in the pocket, and is able to make good throws on the run outside the pocket extending plays.   his decision making might be a bit questionable,  his career TD to INT numbers are not overly impressive,  but thats not uncommon for backups either since they have such an inconsistent game preparation and limited exposure to varying things Ds will do.   He's good enough to lead a 500 team though IMO, which is about all a fan could ask from a back up QB in most cases.

Good move, competent backup is definitely necessary 

I am completely fine with moving Cousins for a 1st round pick this year or next, getting cap space and letting Mullens see if he can be the guy in 2023.  I don't see why he couldn't get the team to .500, which has been pretty much 60% of the seasons since 2018.

If he sucks in 2023, we are drafting a QB of the future with potentially (2) 1st round picks to move up if necessary.

Quote: @Skodin said:
I am completely fine with moving Cousins for a 1st round pick this year or next, getting cap space and letting Mullens see if he can be the guy in 2023.  I don't see why he couldn't get the team to .500, which has been pretty much 60% of the seasons since 2018.

If he sucks in 2023, we are drafting a QB of the future with potentially (2) 1st round picks to move up if necessary.
something I would like to see,  but really have about zero expectation of it happening.  another would be baker mayfield for a one or two year,  on the cheap deal, to bring along a rookie slowly.

Just to play devil’s advocate here, Big Kirko’s restructure makes him eminently more tradeable…  Wink B)  

good move. 

@Kentis, which thread has Kirkos contract rework?