Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is a rebuild boyz and VG
Hard to label it any other way. I think Kirk’s refusal to give a hometown discount in an extension sealed our fate. Im sure we tried. 

Theilen, Kendriks released. Really those 2 were the heart of our last truly competitive team. 

We will have an offense thay can score so we will not be bad  this year. I trust Flores will improbe the D at least marginally.  Our backups are gonna have to step up at LB, Dline, C, Corner. 

Now we get to see what Kwesi is made of.  Im high on him but time will tell.  

Not until we’re “unchained” from Big Kirko… Wink B)  

We need to draft a QB. That should be the priority. 

Absolutely need to think about qbotf for a complete rebuild. I think they are still trying to straddle the line a bit. No extension for Cousins definitely shows that there is a rebuild lean

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Absolutely need to think about qbotf for a complete rebuild. I think they are still trying to straddle the line a bit. No extension for Cousins definitely shows that there is a rebuild lean
An extension could come at any time.  The fact that the potential trade partners is drying up,  and they are closing in on his bonus date,  I think they are more likely to get nervous and come closer to his demands.

Still not totally convinced that San Fran is out of the game,  Darnold doesn't scream like the missing piece type of player that would suggest putting them over the top. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
An extension could come at any time.  The fact that the potential trade partners is drying up,  and they are closing in on his bonus date,  I think they are more likely to get nervous and come closer to his demands.

Still not totally convinced that San Fran is out of the game,  Darnold doesn't scream like the missing piece type of player that would suggest putting them over the top. 
That Darnold signing is a wtf move but I suppose with all the injuries, they are going to try to have all the options. It's still a wait and see on Cousins 

Or not, btw Kirk gave the team the hometown discount last year...

Quote: @rf54 said:
Or not, btw Kirk gave the team the hometown discount last year...
Discount?  He got his money,  just didn't all count against the cap last year.  He's got 2 void years on his deal in 24 and 25 to carry that hometown discount.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Accurate thoughts and I agree. i just dont see them moving on a QB this year unless its Hooker or the UCLA kid. , otherwise they will have to trade whats left of this year and the entire draft next year. 

i have heard next year is the year for qb’s. We wont tank, its not in the ownership dna, We may be just going to run it back with what is left on the roster and see what happens. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@Vikergirl said:
Accurate thoughts and I agree. i just dont see them moving on a QB this year unless its Hooker or the UCLA kid. , otherwise they will have to trade whats left of this year and the entire draft next year. 

i have heard next year is the year for qb’s. We wont tank, its not in the ownership dna, We may be just going to run it back with what is left on the roster and see what happens. 
So we’d have to suck organically I guess…  Wink B)