Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we really need this board anymore?
The whole VikeFans space, who contributes etc. has evolved over time. I dont see this Sensitive Topics board serving any positive purpose (and I've posted a # of topics here the last 8 mos+ too). 

You want to talk CPAC, BLM, Woke? Mandates? Go to Reddit. 

I'd put a bullet in this sub-board and continue to allow OT's on the football board that dont cross a line.

Just my 2 cents...

There hasn't been many sensitive topics posts lately has there?  Its pretty easy to not get involved with sensitive topics if you no longer want to do so.  Don't read them, don't post them, you can even block them in your user profile so you'll never even know they existed.  How much more of a customized experience would you like?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
There hasn't been many sensitive topics posts lately has there?  Its pretty easy to not get involved with sensitive topics if you no longer want to do so.  Don't read them, don't post them, you can even block them in your user profile so you'll never even know they existed.  How much more of a customized experience would you like?
And that has always been the argument to keep it...

My perspective on the space has evolved and I dont see it as a place that can foster good will on the football side of things. So why keep it at all. 

It always gets back to why this forum exists?  Early on it was "community" and visions that far transcended sports and football.

IMO that is an outdated proposition in 2023.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@AGRforever said:

My perspective on the space has evolved and I dont see it as a place that can foster good will on the football side of things. So why keep it at all. 

It always gets back to why this forum exists?  Early on it was "community" and visions that far transcended sports and football.

I actually had to Ctrl F "sensitive topics" to see if there were in fact any even on the front page.  Thats when I found Waterboy talking to himself lol. 

I'll make the argument I make every year.  Football basically goes on hiatus for what 6 months per year?  So at least we're talking about something and keeping the board going during the downtime. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:
@AGRforever said:

I actually had to Ctrl F "sensitive topics" to see if there were in fact any even on the front page.  Thats when I found Waterboy talking to himself lol. 

I'll make the argument I make every year.  Football basically goes on hiatus for what 6 months per year?  So at least we're talking about something and keeping the board going during the downtime. 
I think that might be 6 weeks now...God bless the Shield. 

we are entering a new presidential cycle soon,  yes IMO we need the ST board.  even if some dont use it,  we still have extreme elements on this site that dont respect others and that will lead to a shit show when opinions clash.  the easy answer is to get  rid of the trouble makes, but by whose definition do we decide who is the trouble maker?  who decides what is considered an acceptable OT vs controversial? 

the only option that would allow for this board to go away would be a site that is very limited to topics ( ie Vikings football only )  or to limit the users to a very small scope and then the traffic is about nil and the site dies as echo chambers are rarely very active since everyone usually agrees.

The upcoming POTUS cycle is another reason imo for this portion of the site to get flushed...I dont see any good will from this board bleeding over to the football board and this sensitive topics board is not in any way a traffic driver. 

The upcoming POTUS cycle is another reason imo for this portion of the site to get flushed...I dont see any good will from this board bleeding over to the football board and this sensitive topics board is not in any way a traffic driver. 

my guy is better then yours.....nuahhh....mine's better then yours.
There you go, you can skip the whole election cycle.  Whoever gets picked is going to be an asshole who is only there to enrich their friends and their corporate sponsors.  Rinse and repeat.  Doesn't matter what color tie they wear.

you will have that shit on the football board,  this board allows for a way to allow that on this site ( which keeps the traffic flowing ) and not have that on the other board.  right now its slow, but we are in the heat of the football debate/talk time of year.   as free agency wanes and the draft is done,  there is a lot of time for shit to blow up.   As a mod this board gives me a place to send those topics without just killing them and pissing off users,  honestly we probably dont send enough of them here since there are so many that get turned OT.

I agree with Jimmy.  Some will want to post shit here.  Let them post it in this forum that isn't available to those that can't ignore it.