Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lego Vikings Village
I get to share my hobby with my sports team.  Releasing this fall, rumored to be October.  Get the boat to go with it ahead of time!!

[Image: hks83s7na8la1.jpg]

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
I get to share my hobby with my sports team.  Releasing this fall, rumored to be October.  Get the boat to go with it ahead of time!!

[Image: hks83s7na8la1.jpg]
makes me think of my Crossbows and Catapults game I had as a kid.  I still see parts of that think floating around my parents basement from time to time with my nieces and nephews are getting into shit.

I had Legos as a kid but that was a long time ago. In Christmas 2021 I bought a giant Home Alone Lego house set on a whim. I got around to building it before this Christmas and it was a lot of fun. Elaborate set with a ton of movie references. We put it in storage but I kept it in tact and will display it come holiday time annually. The plan is to disassemble it and rebuild it yearly once my toddlers are old enough to help. I'm hoping it will be a fun tradition but I think it's about 3,000 pieces and right now my kids would probably just try to eat them.
Long story short, Legos are still cool and for the right set(s) I can see why people get excited about them. Still fun toys after all these years. This Vikings set looks very cool too!

I got sucked back into them with the release of the Saturn V. Then I had to have the whole space race etc. 

My latest (probably be a couple months) is a 1:200 (same as titanic) of the Iowa class battleships

Heres a picture. 

https://www.brickvault.toys/collections/military/products/uss-iowa-bb-61
LOL,   I looked at your link and saw the picture and the price and went,  wow thats quite a bargain... then I read that it was $60 just for the instructions,  that the actual blocks are about $1200,   so I'm guessing you dont build a bunch of them and then do recreated battles with live rounds?

There is a show called Lego Masters. I think Legos are a lot of fun and it's good to have things that keep you young at heart

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
LOL,   I looked at your link and saw the picture and the price and went,  wow thats quite a bargain... then I read that it was $60 just for the instructions,  that the actual blocks are about $1200,   so I'm guessing you dont build a bunch of them and then do recreated battles with live rounds?
I flushed Yamomoto down the crapper!!

No I’ll have probably $750ish into it. I get a ton of parts from thrift stores etc. It helps draw down costs some. I’ve got an absolute ton into my storage department though. 

@"JimmyinSD" said:

No I’ll have probably $750ish into it. I get a ton of parts from thrift stores etc. It helps draw down costs some. I’ve got an absolute ton into my storage department though. 
The Midway movie is one of my all time favorites.

@"JimmyinSD" said:

Yamomoto? Or Yamato?