Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red McCombs dead at 95

All I'm gonna say is rest in peace because I can't thank him for anything good he did for the Vikings.

Maybe we can combine the two threads...

Good I’ll never forgive that asshole for shipping moss off to save money and spite the Minnesota fan base

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Good I’ll never forgive that asshole for shipping moss off to save money and spite the Minnesota fan base
I don't blame Red for that.  Moss was being a total dick at that time and wanted to leave.  I was glad to see Moss leave the way he was pouting and moping around; similar to Diggs before he left.

Moss saw how shitty McCombs and his henchmen were running the Vikings...Trading Moss in his prime was sinful and one of the sadder days of my Vikings fandom. 

”Better dead than Red”

(sorry- I couldnt resist)

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Moss saw how shitty McCombs and his henchmen were running the Vikings...Trading Moss in his prime was sinful and one of the sadder days of my Vikings fandom. 

I had just gotten out of gallbladder surgery.  I had to read Viking comments on purple thoughts for a couple days.  I was soooooo pissed. 

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
I don't blame Red for that.  Moss was being a total dick at that time and wanted to leave.  I was glad to see Moss leave the way he was pouting and moping around; similar to Diggs before he left.
Can't blame Moss when he saw the penny pinching McCombs driving the team into the dirt.  Hiring Tice without enough assistants was the cheap way down.  Moss was petulant, but he had a reason to be.

As to McCombs, may he rest in peace.  Was very happy when he sold the Vikings.