Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carr released

To me he is just Cousins Lite, we shall see… 

I'm guessing Carolina will be his next home

Quote: @Kentis said:
A little more mobility,   a little less arm talent,  but I put them about the same level,   good enough to beat the teams you should,  but neither will elevate a team on their own and both will require quality around them to really compete.   

I think its a good move for the raiders,   he may not be easily replaced,  but if the recipe isn't working,  change the ingredients.   You can tweak the recipe all you want,  but its much more likely you are missing something.

I was all in on Carr coming out of college,  learned to love Teddy,  but Carr was definitely the better choice in the end.  I really wish the Wilfs would get off the tweaking the recipe thought process and really commit to finding our future QB and then putting a dominant line in front of him and strong D on the other side.  We dont need the highest paid QB in the league to win a SB,  we need the best team.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
A little more mobility,   a little less arm talent,  but I put them about the same level,   good enough to beat the teams you should,  but neither will elevate a team on their own and both will require quality around them to really compete.   

I think its a good move for the raiders,   he may not be easily replaced,  but if the recipe isn't working,  change the ingredients.   You can tweak the recipe all you want,  but its much more likely you are missing something.

I was all in on Carr coming out of college,  learned to love Teddy,  but Carr was definitely the better choice in the end.  I really wish the Wilfs would get off the tweaking the recipe thought process and really commit to finding our future QB and then putting a dominant line in front of him and strong D on the other side.  We dont need the highest paid QB in the league to win a SB,  we need the best team.
While I agree we don't need the highest paid QB in the league, (and we don't), I think we take the opposite approach, meaning fix both lines and making them dominant before risk wrecking the QB of the future forcing him to learn behind a suspect line, a defense that leaves you behind the 8 ball, and receiving corps that will defect for greener pastures.

Unless you want to start Nick Mullins for a year, and tank the season, we aren't going to be in the position to draft a top QB prospect, and the likelihood of such a prospect actually panning out to a greater level than KC is low. 

As for the Raiders, they're probably targeting Rodgers. If that's a good move is debatable. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

While I agree we don't need the highest paid QB in the league, (and we don't), I think we take the opposite approach, meaning fix both lines and making them dominant before risk wrecking the QB of the future forcing him to learn behind a suspect line, a defense that leaves you behind the 8 ball, and receiving corps that will defect for greener pastures.

Unless you want to start Nick Mullins for a year, and tank the season, we aren't going to be in the position to draft a top QB prospect, and the likelihood of such a prospect actually panning out to a greater level than KC is low. 

As for the Raiders, they're probably targeting Rodgers. If that's a good move is debatable. 
I wouldnt start a rookie no matter who he is,  we would need a bridge QB until the OL is up to par,  but as long as KC is here they will be trying to be competitive and apparently that mean putting more emphasis on tweaking the team than really fixing the team... of course we are then back to the money issue.  It would he interesting to see what they could put together if KC would actually put the team and winning ahead of his bank account.  Him playing for 10m less a season won't mean shit to him in the future,   but it might put some jewelry on his fingers and hardware in that empty old glass case of the Vikings. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

I wouldnt start a rookie no matter who he is,  we would need a bridge QB until the OL is up to par,  but as long as KC is here they will be trying to be competitive and apparently that mean putting more emphasis on tweaking the team than really fixing the team... of course we are then back to the money issue.  It would he interesting to see what they could put together if KC would actually put the team and winning ahead of his bank account.  Him playing for 10m less a season won't mean shit to him in the future,   but it might put some jewelry on his fingers and hardware in that empty old glass case of the Vikings. 
We've been down this road before. There isn't an attainable vet out there (that is legit starter material) that is going to play for us below market value. Look at all the QB's making 10 mil less than KC. They are either garbage, or on rookie contracts. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

We've been down this road before. There isn't an attainable vet out there (that is legit starter material) that is going to play for us below market value. Look at all the QB's making 10 mil less than KC. They are either garbage, or on rookie contracts. 
And I told you before,  I dont care if they aren't the same tier as KC,  the primary goal of a  rebuild year isn't to win the whole damn thing,  or even care about winning the division,  its about getting our cap healthy and refilling the talent cupboard with people that can get you there in a year or two.  A bridge qb is just a guy to play to keep your rookie from getting David Carr'd imo.  

We have kc for 1 more year and he's gone,  or trade him now,  get the cap savings now,  and a pick or two now, and proceed to rebuild a team that maybe has a legit shot down the road...or don't and continue to have entertaining but ultimately disappointing seasons.  I'm not saying rebuilding will necessarily lead to a Lombardi,  but I've seen enough of top tier qb money for not top tier QB play to feel that we aren't getting there on this road.

You can win a SB with a QB the caliber of KC. You cant win a playoff game with a defense the caliber of the Vikings. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
You can win a SB with a QB the caliber of KC. You cant win a playoff game with a defense the caliber of the Vikings. 
Yes you can win with Cousins,   but I will say you won't win one paying him top tier money like he demands,  and you won't build championship OL and defense with his contract demands.