Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots looking at McCardell

Interesting, be a great opportunity for him but I would hate to see him go.

Dont shoot the messager here.

Didnt they implement a rule that if a coach of color gets hired that the sending organization gets a bonus draft pick last year?

Not that I in any stretch of the imagination want to see him go. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:

Didnt they implement a rule that if a coach of color gets hired that the sending organization gets a bonus draft pick last year?

That seems bizarre and would probably hurt minority coaches. Not that it isn't likely the NFL would do something like this.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

That seems bizarre and would probably hurt minority coaches. Not that it isn't likely the NFL would do something like this.
I hadn't heard that. I thought the rules were designed to punish the ones that didn't abide rather than reward the ones that did.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/...iS-1I7J78g&s=19

Well one of these guys does fill a certain requirement…

@AGRforever Yep: 
NFL approves plan to reward teams with draft picks for developing minority coaches, GMsNFL owners adopted a resolution on Tuesday that will compensate teams with draft picks for losing minority staff members to head coaching jobs and other premium positions elsewhere.
It’s another attempt by the league to bolster minority hiring for high-level jobs against the backdrop of a lagging record of diversity by its teams.
The gist of the resolution:
• A team that loses a minority assistant coach who becomes a head coach or loses a personnel executive who becomes a general manager will receive third-round compensatory picks in each of the next two drafts.
• A team that loses two minority staffers to head coach and general manager positions would receive three third-round picks.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/11/10/nfl-minority-coach-general-manager-hiring-proposal-approved/6234064002/

Quote: @"Kentis" said:

@AGRforever Yep: 
NFL approves plan to reward teams with draft picks for developing minority coaches, GMs
NFL owners adopted a resolution on Tuesday that will compensate teams with draft picks for losing minority staff members to head coaching jobs and other premium positions elsewhere.
It’s another attempt by the league to bolster minority hiring for high-level jobs against the backdrop of a lagging record of diversity by its teams.
• A team that loses a minority assistant coach who becomes a head coach or loses a personnel executive who becomes a general manager will receive third-round compensatory picks in each of the next two drafts.
• A team that loses two minority staffers to head coach and general manager positions would receive three third-round picks.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/11/10/nfl-minority-coach-general-manager-hiring-proposal-approved/6234064002/

Wow, thanks for this. Missed this one I guess.

Quote: @"Kentis" said:

@AGRforever Yep: 
NFL approves plan to reward teams with draft picks for developing minority coaches, GMs
NFL owners adopted a resolution on Tuesday that will compensate teams with draft picks for losing minority staff members to head coaching jobs and other premium positions elsewhere.

Do ypu suppose WR coach to offensive coordinator is considered a premium position?