Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
64 million

wonder what JJ will command - Cooper Kupp is what $27 m a year?

JJ will be the highest paid WR in the league, exact numbers, who knows at this point.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
JJ will be the highest paid WR in the league, exact numbers, who knows at this point.
Can you justify 70 million a year between your QB and WR?  I am guessing JJ will be wanting around 30 and KC will be looking to join the 40 club.

We've seen games or at least long stretches of games, where JJ is taken away,  We've seen plenty of times where Kirk can't find time to get the ball out to anybody,  let alone JJ,  how does a team with so many holes, so few draft picks,, and so little cap space,  commit that kind of coin to 2 players?

I know JJ is the best in the league at WR,  but just like Kirk at QB,  are the contract numbers justifiable in terms of what they bring to the team,  vs what you cant afford if you pay then?  Yes there are teams that will pay them market,  but are those teams paying both positions top market money,  and are those teams successful? 

I dont see it sustainable to pay them both and still fix the D and the OL.  They can likely make it work for a year or two,   but then what does that do to the future cap that sees huge hits and more studs needing big new deals?  TJ is gonna want his,  Darrisaw after next year,  not to mention overpaying for free agents to come in and fill all the holes created when we cut all our vets to create the space needed for this year. 

We will really find out how much of a wonder kid KAM is this offseason.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
wonder what JJ will command - Cooper Kupp is what $27 m a year?
Whatever it is, JJ's numbers will blow it out of the water. Kupp was 28, 29 when he signed that deal. JJ's 23. He'll be the highest paid non-QB in the NFL. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@1VikesFan said:
Can you justify 70 million a year between your QB and WR?  I am guessing JJ will be wanting around 30 and KC will be looking to join the 40 club.

We've seen games or at least long stretches of games, where JJ is taken away,  We've seen plenty of times where Kirk can't find time to get the ball out to anybody,  let alone JJ,  how does a team with so many holes, so few draft picks,, and so little cap space,  commit that kind of coin to 2 players?

I know JJ is the best in the league at WR,  but just like Kirk at QB,  are the contract numbers justifiable in terms of what they bring to the team,  vs what you cant afford if you pay then?  Yes there are teams that will pay them market,  but are those teams paying both positions top market money,  and are those teams successful? 

I dont see it sustainable to pay them both and still fix the D and the OL.  They can likely make it work for a year or two,   but then what does that do to the future cap that sees huge hits and more studs needing big new deals?  TJ is gonna want his,  Darrisaw after next year,  not to mention overpaying for free agents to come in and fill all the holes created when we cut all our vets to create the space needed for this year. 

Nope! Not feasible. The Vikings have to draft their QBOTF in 2023 or 2024. They need to be free of Kirko's contract before JJ is extended.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@1VikesFan said:

Nope! Not feasible. The Vikings have to draft their QBOTF in 2023 or 2024. They need to be free of Kirko's contract before JJ is extended.
'Hey there! Don't forget about me, another bank breaker on the horizon':

[Image: 2fdab000ef3d432cab4d621c9c2ad005-e165478...600&crop=1]

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@1VikesFan said:

They can coexist for a year or two after JJ is extended because contracts are always written with minimal cap hits on the 1st year or two. But, yes, the Vikings need to find their QBOTF this year or next, before Cousins is gone. 

JJ isnt dumb and he'll want to keep KC around a while...What that means regarding his contract extension? We'll see