Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes add more octane to offense
ISJ and Ty Chandler designated to return from IR. Curious to see what KOC does with both of them. He seemed excited about how he would use Irv a couple weeks ago when asked about it. Still, I can't imagine him getting more a target or two each game. Chandler was fantastic in the preseason. Might be a good idea to get him some carries in weeks 17 and 18 in case we need him in the playoffs. 

Who do you waive to make room for these guys?  You can pull from other positions,  but from a depth for the playoffs standpoint that doesn't make sense,  TE is likely Muse,  but he is getting a fair amount of ST snaps so do you hope mundt can take those and play at a similar or better level?  What about RB,  do you waive fast Kenny and give up the KR ability?

You could look at the defensive side,  but that is looking more like a MASH unit every week and really needs the depth left alone.

I think we are at 52 now on the active roster.  So no need to make room. The question is, how are we going to best use them? 

Chandler should fill the 53rd roster spot and they need to make a decision if they add Irv later. 

ISJ is the perennial hope that hasnt paid off. im ready for him to do something positive. Not waiting for him to blow up but he can be a useful weapon of healthy 

More excited to see Chandler than Irv.  Hock is already better than Irv ever was, and even Mundt has been dependable when thrown to.  OTOH, when Dalvin goes out for Mattison, so does any threat of a big run.  Get Chandler a crease or out in space and vrooooom. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
ISJ is the perennial hope that hasnt paid off. im ready for him to do something positive. Not waiting for him to blow up but he can be a useful weapon of healthy 
Definitely. I've given up hope of him ever blowing up here, but he should be healthy now and he still has the ability to create mismatches. I think he adds a nice wrinkle to the offense for the playoffs and with Jefferson and Hockenson drawing so much attention, he should get some opportunities.

ISJ is a hope and a dream at this point. Until he can stay healthy, he is on the edge. 

I look forward to the comp pick that the team will receive when ISJ signs with another team in the offseason.

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
I think we are at 52 now on the active roster.  So no need to make room. The question is, how are we going to best use them? 
I think Chandler is already on the 53. Vikings could maybe waive Nick Muse or Speedy Nailor to activate ISJ when the time comes. But he's missed SO much time; he's going to have to show he knows the offense, the routes, blocking, etc, before they put him out there. Still, that is one hell of a weapon lurking in your TE2 role. I don't think defenses care much about Mundt, but they'll have to account for Irv.