Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russ is washed
Looks completely done. The dude is 34 years old, its not like he's 44. Cousins is 3 months older. May be one of the worst trades in recent memory, and it will be financially. This will be an anchor around the franchise for years to come. What a hot mess. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/broncos-rus...10393.html

He's too young for it to be age related. I don't have a clue what his problem is, but the Broncos are stuck. I think their only solution is to publicly blame it on something else, fix that thing and hope he comes back better next year. Because they can't get rid of him. And if they fire Paton, it's basically admitting that Wilson was a mistake, which is not the message you want to send since Wilson will be your QB in 2023. I think they'll manufacture a scapegoat. 

Is he mentally stable?  I have been wondering for a while if he has some kind of mental illness with the way he talks and occasionally acts.  He's taken some huge hits in his career,  perhaps something related to brain trauma?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Is he mentally stable?  I have been wondering for a while if he has some kind of mental illness with the way he talks and occasionally acts.  He's taken some huge hits in his career,  perhaps something related to brain trauma?
I hear you, but honestly I think he was always this way and it just never got talked about much. Players either love him or hate him generally, with most doing an eye roll. It appears the Broncos are close to mutiny over the guy as the D and the offensive line aren't big Russ fans. He's always been odd, we are just hearing about it now. The Legion of Boom thought he was a dipshit and have said as much now after the fact.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I was wondering the same thing. I've only loosely paid attention, but some of the things I've seen indicate a serious lack of self-awareness, which I think is a symptom of declining mental health. 

As a booster, I got to know him reasonably well during his year plus as a Badger.  He was a nice guy but a little odd.  By all reports, he's become fairly full of himself.  I think the Ciara connection made him all Hollywood as well.  The reality is that Wilson is an undersized QB (5' 11") who relied on his legs to find passing opportunities..and now that he's aging...he's not as mobile.  He was effective in Seattle when he was on a 3rd round rookie contract with talent around him.  Once he got paid...they couldn't keep the surrounding talent.  Sounds like he's openly despised in Denver which is never a good thing in a QB1.

The Myth of George Paton is in critical condition.  It had a nice run until he had to actually do the job of NFL general manager.

Never understood the elite status bestowed upon him. He was above average, but largely seemed like a guy who capitalized on his opportunities on a solid team with a good ground game and very good defense. Never saw him make half the throws that Kirko has made this year.

He was washed up the year before but they blamed it on an injury. Seahawks must have had a huge celebration after fleecing the donkeys. A somewhat young franchise QB is almost never traded unless he is damaged goods.
Let's ride!

He may not have made all the throws we see Kirko make (especially this year), but he made plays and could throw pretty darn well too...

I agree with @MB, he's just too young to be that bad that quickly. Something else is going on. 

I think a change of coaches could make a huge difference for the team and for him. We've seen it happen b4 with a change in regime and culture. 

Sad part for Bronco fans is that the #3 overall pick they suffered greatly for is going to Seattle.