Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11-3, NFCN Crown: who had that on their bingo card?
Crazy year. Fun year. Confusing as well. Don't ask me what we have in Minnesota from a fan's perspective....no idea. Here's what I like:
  • KOC (Yes, that's what she said): He's been a great hire. I expect good things moving forward.
  • Team culture: absolutely outstanding and part of the reason for some of these late wins.
  • More aggressive offensively, more unpredictable than in year's past.
  • Clutch plays: its been the most amazing and radical departure from their history. 
What I'm unsure of:
  • KAM: I want to like him, I like the Hock trade, just need to see how it goes over the next few years
  • The Defense: not sure if its lack of talent or scheme. 
  • QB of the future: love Cousins. But what's next? The new regime just got here so I don't expect it figured out already, but soon. 

BINGO!

Agree with your points above.  Overall this first year has been a resounding success no matter how they finish.  Culture was changed big time (for the better) and O'Connell has definitely answered a lot of questions on his ability to be a good HC.  We got a good one.

Kwesi definitely has more to prove. He's made some big additions (Hock and Zadarius) but our draft was extremely light on Day 1 contributors.  We'll see how some of these guys pan out, but at least from the draft day videos it seems like the relationship between him and O'Connell is great.

Excited to see how these two grow with each other.  I like that they both seem to realize you need stars to win and have aggressively tried to add those types of players.

I'd have to echo and agree with most of the sentiments here. 

I think KOC has been a big success and "should" grow into the job even more in future years
I'll watch to see how much he prioritizes improving the D this off-season and is he ready to make some tough decisions on his staff

I hope KAM can succeed with genius, he's shown some signs of it. However I have some butterflies in my tummy after that 1st draft

I think the roster turn-over this off-season is going to be big, yes I say that even @ 11/3

We hired the anti-Zimmer, it was bound to be better.  Smile

I had high hopes for Kwesi but shitting his pants in the draft wasn't a good start.  He needs to really step it up next spring and ditch the "Help the NFC North" draft program.

But the last g.m. got 15 years without producing anything in the way of a title run, so he's likely got job security either way.

The Vikes lock up the NFC North before Christmas to assure fans we see them in the postseason.  No way did I think that would happen.  Having the Packers flop is just as surprising to me as the Vikes 11-3 record. 
This might be a one and done playoff appearance, but maybe not.  The only thing I can count on is the fact that if the Vikes win, it's going to be a dramatic close game.
As long as they win, I'll take it - SKOL!

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I think the roster turn-over this off-season is going to be big, yes I say that even @ 11/3
Not so sure. Vikings are a playoff team. They're also one of the younger teams in the NFL. After a playoff run, even if it's just one game, the Vikings are likely going to be in "over the top" mode this off season. IOW, what pieces can we add to get us over the top? So I don't think you're going to see too much movement of our older players. 

I could be wrong, but I think Harry stays on a re-worked deal. Same with Adam. Hunter's not going anywhere...unless they trade him. Outside of Cousins, JJ and Darrisaw, he probably has the highest trade value on the team, but you have to replace him. Has to be a 1st rounder....unless the team thinks PJII is ready. 

The two that I question are Kendricks and Cook. There's some money to be found in those contracts and those two positions are relatively easy to replace. 

I see a number of people down on KAM. I assume it's mostly because of the draft. Easy to see it as a bad to mediocre draft in retrospect, especially in light of the trades he made. Simply bad luck with the Cine injury and a bad gamble on Booth with a past injury history. Fortunately the final chapter isn't written on the first two picks and there is a chance one or both of them will live up to their potential.
KAM came to a team that was cap handcuffed, and but not for one bad call against Detroit last year, would have been last in the NFCN. Despite the tight cap he has brought in any number of free agents, many who I wasn't even aware of, that have contributed to hanging the NFCN championship banner. He improved the roster overall with a bunch of no names, journeymen players, and Z, who was a health risk.
KAM also hired KOC.

KAM and KOC both have some learning to do. But what they have accomplished in the first year has been fun for the players and most fans. And though KAM his work cut out for him this next off season. The future appears bright.

I'm happy he is the GM.

I had put 100 down before the season that we would win the division. That paid 275. If they win the Superbowl, my 50 gets me 1750. This was the first year I had put bets down on them.

We are in the middle of cheesehead nation over here, so us vikings fans at work are pretty bold with out predictions.  Usually blows up in our faces. Last year was rough. It's nice to see the optimism is paying off this year.

Colin Cowherd saw all this coming  6 months ago. 

He not only made the prediction, but when pressed  he doubled down on it.

He saw something when no one else did.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1549053883153952770