Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xmas Eve Forecast: cold as f$%#

Gonna be nostril freezing cold for the fans heading in to the stadium though...  Pretty sure I wouldn't be tailgating if I had tickets to the game lol

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Gonna be nostril freezing cold for the fans heading in to the stadium though...  Pretty sure I wouldn't be tailgating if I had tickets to the game lol
Yep, I don't do that shit anymore in inclement weather. Freezing my ass off tailgating or sweating in the blazing Miami son in their stadium? Nope. I also need good tickets now as well, lol. If I'm going to make the trek to a NFL game and do all the shit required to get there and home.....the seats will need to be optimum. Or a suite. The Plan B setup I have in my home for watching is just too good, I need a really good reason to leave it.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Wetlander said:
Yep, I don't do that shit anymore in inclement weather. Freezing my ass off tailgating or sweating in the blazing Miami son in their stadium? Nope. I also need good tickets now as well, lol. If I'm going to make the trek to a NFL game and do all the shit required to get there and home.....the seats will need to be optimum. Or a suite. The Plan B setup I have in my home for watching is just too good, I need a really good reason to leave it.
I finally made that decision this year. Before, I would just get moderately decent seats on the 3rd level.

But I splurged this year. 15 yard line, 2nd row. And it was worth it. The way I see it, you're spending ridiculous amounts of money on the flight just to get there, and hotel just to get some sleep, why not spend a little more on the game itself?

To bad the Packers aren’t playing the Vikings so we could all ask (again) why we play them in the dome in September and at Lambeau in the middle of winter. 

I just had 8th row lower deck 25 yard line visitors sideline and to be honest I preferred the view from our old seats in the dome where we were second deck Vikings sideline 9 rows up again about the 25,  i can see the plays better from a little higher up.  Also,  the lower bowl seats are a long damn hike back up to the concourse to get out of the stadium bowl.  It took us as long to get up the stairs after the game as it did to walk the 5 blocks back to our truck and get out of the parking garage,  if I were to get season ticks again I would want to be closer to a tunnel so I can get out ahead of the crowd when the games over,  also makes for much quicker piss breaks during the game if you dont have to go up and down 50 steps each way. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I just had 8th row lower deck 25 yard line visitors sideline and to be honest I preferred the view from our old seats in the dome where we were second deck Vikings sideline 9 rows up again about the 25,  i can see the plays better from a little higher up.  Also,  the lower bowl seats are a long damn hike back up to the concourse to get out of the stadium bowl.  It took us as long to get up the stairs after the game as it did to walk the 5 blocks back to our truck and get out of the parking garage,  if I were to get season ticks again I would want to be closer to a tunnel so I can get out ahead of the crowd when the games over,  also makes for much quicker piss breaks during the game if you dont have to go up and down 50 steps each way. 
Ive sat to low in a couple stadiums. Theres a happy medium between to close and to far up. 

You get to low and the damn cammeras on a golf cart block you. You get high and its just not worth it. 

Second deck has treated us good in Nashville (concerts and football). I’ve sat endzone at USB and a bunch at TCF when tickets were cheap. 

2024 will be the last game in the current Nisan stadium (Tn vs MN). If anyone wants to road trip I’ll host people from the board. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
2024 will be the last game in the current Nisan stadium (Tn vs MN). If anyone wants to road trip I’ll host people from the board. 
I've been thinking on looking that up to see when they play down there again for a road trip for me and the Mrs. 

TCF was my favorite experiences as a viking fan. I think the most fun game was the Seattle playoff game (other than the kick).