Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet...
Vikes vs Colts was the 1000th game played by the Vikings...

I guess you just gotta add an exclamation point to it

[Image: 1000.png]

I was coming on here to start a thread about this,  I am floored that there was nothing made of this for the game yesterday.  We didn't hear anything about it being the 1000th game until listening to the whine line on the way home.  Nothing in the game day mag,  or pre game crap.  Seems like a missed opportunity by the organization.   

Yeah it was surprising it wasn't mentioned at the game. I thought they would have had commemorative merchandise because they want our money. It certainly was a memorable one though.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Vikes vs Colts was the 1000th game played by the Vikings...

I guess you just gotta add an exclamation point to it

[Image: 1000.png]
Well it sure as hell felt like it…!  Wink :p  

Well if you think about it----Anger, Disgust, questionable officiating, hurled alcohol beverage containers, tears, Hope, elation----yep that about sums up a Viking game.   And they put it all in one to complete the 1000 

And in that first game the Vikings crushed the mighty (at that time) Chicago Bears.

Their inaugural regular season game was a 37–13 victory at home to the Chicago Bears; rookie quarterback Fran Tarkentoncame off the bench to toss four touchdown passes and run for another.[

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Yeah it was surprising it wasn't mentioned at the game. I thought they would have had commemorative merchandise because they want our money. It certainly was a memorable one though.
well they missed out because i would have bought some souvenirs from being there for the event.