Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait, what?
Pat Shurmur: Laquon Treadwell a key to Vikings' offensive successThough he was on the field for 36 of the Vikings’ 65 offensive snaps on Monday night, wide receiver Laquon Treadwell still was only targeted with one pass, catching a second-down throw from Sam Bradford for seven yards and a first down in the fourth quarter.
Offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur said on Thursday that Treadwell continued to show the improvement the Vikings saw from him in the offseason, but Shurmur also stressed the importance of the 2016 first-round pick to the Vikings’ overall success.
http://www.startribune.com/pat-shurmur-l...444474823/

I call BS....Treadwell won't be seeing the field much when Floyd gets back in 3 more games. Unless things really turn/really soon. 

believe that when I see it. However I would love to see him grow into some sort of role with us.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
believe that when I see it. However I would love to see him grow into some sort of role with us.
Ball boy maybe? I don't wish bad juju on the kid. I just don't see much potential yet. 

When you're on the field 36 snaps and only get 1 target, it's clear the QB would sooner throw it to a lineman if he could get away with it. Even Wright (in only 11 snaps I think) got 2 catches.

That had to be the quietest 36 snaps in team history...

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
When you're on the field 36 snaps and only get 1 target, it's clear the QB would sooner throw it to a lineman if he could get away with it. Even Wright (in only 11 snaps I think) got 2 catches.
Or he was rarely in the correct position - ran the wrong route or got jammed or something. But if that's the case...for two years we heard Patterson was on the sidelines because he made mistakes. Why would Treadwell be getting a lot of time if that's his issue?

Against what could be the worst secondary in the entire league, and probably playing against that secondary's worst CBs, he could only manage one target and catch for 7 yards in a game where we were throwing the ball all over the field.

Actions > Words

B.U.S.T.

It's just too bad that because of his draft position, he will automatically be given at least 2-3 years to prove it.

Treadwell can't get open ...at least not consistently. So Bradford isn't looking for him. Diggs, Thielen and soon Floyd will be the big 3 trio the Vikings try to ride into the playoffs. 

I guess without knowing where his routes are at in Bradfords progressions its really hard to say.  Considering Sam was relatively clean and able to throw it down field almost at will,  I am not really going to try and make any assumptions without being able to see a better view of his game than what the TV provided. (coaches film)  I know on a couple occasions I saw him really get after a guy run blocking so that is a plus.  ( but I also watched CPatt do a damn nice job on 1 occasion in their game last week as well)