Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anthony Harris released by Broncos
We're pretty thin in the secondary.  Probably a vet minimum deal prorated for remaining 5 games.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...83296?s=20&t=ike1xGwS9kwCxnPiYTCPVA

Meanwhile Javon Kearse continues to be a force as the starting safety for a top 5 defense.  Never understood why Harris played ahead of him.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
Meanwhile Javon Kearse continues to be a force as the starting safety for a top 5 defense.  Never understood why Harris played ahead of him.  
because Ant was a Zim guy,  he played within a system and knew his role,  Kearse wasnt a role player,  he was a gamer and Zim wouldnt allow that type of free thinking in his system.  you do it Zims way,  or you dont do it for Zim.  it worked well until it didnt,  this isnt to say that Ant isnt a good player or as good as Kearse,  just different pegs trying to fit into different holes,  sometimes though one looks like  it fits until it drops right through,  and sometimes the fucking peg just gets wedged in where it didnt belong in the first place.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
It seemed Kearse had an attitude issue as well. Whether it was because he butted heads with Zimmer or not is another story. Also Kearse was arrested for DUI and carrying a gun without a permit over a barricade on I94. Maybe it was the change of scenery that benefited him. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"JR44" said:
It seemed Kearse had an attitude issue as well. Whether it was because he butted heads with Zimmer or not is another story. Also Kearse was arrested for DUI and carrying a gun without a permit over a barricade on I94. Maybe it was the change of scenery that benefited him. 
he showed plenty of potential when in purple,  i think it was just a dog house thing that kept him off the field and IMO it was his playing style and likely the chip on his shoulder that put him in the dog house to begin with.  funny thing is,  the reason he's playing in dallas is because he's cheap,  if he were to try and pull a decent S contract they would send him packing,  hes a nice player,  but he isnt worth getting worked up over losing IMO.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"JR44" said:
he showed plenty of potential when in purple,  i think it was just a dog house thing that kept him off the field and IMO it was his playing style and likely the chip on his shoulder that put him in the dog house to begin with.  funny thing is,  the reason he's playing in dallas is because he's cheap,  if he were to try and pull a decent S contract they would send him packing,  hes a nice player,  but he isnt worth getting worked up over losing IMO.
The potential was there but he got in his own way too. And he did some of that stupid Twitter beefing. It was time for him to move on because it wasn't going to happen here. 

I guarantee you Kearse and Zimmer didn't get along. But that doesn't mean that Kearse didn't have upside, which you are seeing in Dallas. Z was black and white and often dismissive and I'm sure Kearse thought he should be playing more. Kearse probably made a mental mistake or two and ol' Red Ass can't stomach it. 

@"JR44" said:
because Ant was a Zim guy,  he played within a system and knew his role,  Kearse wasnt a role player,  he was a gamer and Zim wouldnt allow that type of free thinking in his system.  you do it Zims way,  or you dont do it for Zim.  it worked well until it didnt,  this isnt to say that Ant isnt a good player or as good as Kearse,  just different pegs trying to fit into different holes,  sometimes though one looks like  it fits until it drops right through,  and sometimes the fucking peg just gets wedged in where it didnt belong in the first place.
Because you need players to do their job within a defense.  He wasn't a gamer, he was selfish.  A gamer is one who plays better in big moments.  Kearse wanted highlights for himself rather than to win the game.  He may have grown up since bouncing around because he still sucked in Detroit.  Kearse had the physical tools, but like so many others, thought he was better than he actually was and didn't do the film study. 

There is a reason the young dbs are praising PP on our team.  Film study is how you take your physical abilities and become elite.  Everyone in the NFL is physically gifted.  But the ones that apply it become stars and I haven't heard Kearse mentioned as a star before, just a member of a top D. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"JR44" said:
Because you need players to do their job within a defense.  He wasn't a gamer, he was selfish.  A gamer is one who plays better in big moments.  Kearse wanted highlights for himself rather than to win the game.  He may have grown up since bouncing around because he still sucked in Detroit.  Kearse had the physical tools, but like so many others, thought he was better than he actually was and didn't do the film study. 

There is a reason the young dbs are praising PP on our team.  Film study is how you take your physical abilities and become elite.  Everyone in the NFL is physically gifted.  But the ones that apply it become stars and I haven't heard Kearse mentioned as a star before, just a member of a top D. 
I've never heard any knock on him when he was here about not studying film or not knowing his position.  Just that he was immature and a bit brash,  which is what likely got him into zims dog house to begin with.  Harris wasn't anything special either so I don't think it was a matter of ability or knowledge between the two,  it seemed Zim just wanted a yes man and Kearse wasn't that guy.  They both made nice plays at times and the both screwed the pooch at times.

@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"JR44" said:

I've never heard any knock on him when he was here about not studying film or not knowing his position.  Just that he was immature and a bit brash,  which is what likely got him into zims dog house to begin with.  Harris wasn't anything special either so I don't think it was a matter of ability or knowledge between the two,  it seemed Zim just wanted a yes man and Kearse wasn't that guy.  They both made nice plays at times and the both screwed the pooch at times.

The Eagles disagree.  They gave Harris a twice the money that Kearse got fron Detroit.  Perhaps too much, but he did get paid.  Seems Zim's D filled with Yes men (Rhodes, Mac, Waynes, Harris, Barr, EK, Hunter) all got rich for their talent of being yes men.  Maybe Zim was a good coach and knew what he was talking about.

Kearse is just a guy.  Talented, but nothing special.  He is what he is.  Meanwhile Zim's guys have made good money.

And yes, Rhodes, Mac and EK are sarcastically included in the yes men category.  Barr turned down more money elsewhere because he loved being a yes man.

Zimmer failed as a head coach, but his defensive scheme was always near the top.  Imitated and intimidating until he lost his anchor, his swiss army knife LB and all his CBs.  Without pressure and without coverage, he couldn't run his scheme.  Doubt anyone could have.