Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of Kudos
This is a beautiful play by Patrick Jones II, who keeps flashing with every opportunity he gets. 
https://twitter.com/Purple_Post/status/1...75456?s=20&t=nUCvbfy0cVEGl24IyLnYIw

Also, Ed Ingram continued his string of solid and improving play. Love the looking for work here and finishing with attitude. 
https://twitter.com/SeanBormanNFL/status...81856?s=20&t=Uzc81R32gpzXsznU5ADiFQ

you know who else belongs in this parade? This kid right here;

[Image: USATSI_19429541_168394844_lowres-788x444.jpg]

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Yeah, he's been solid considering he's spent most of his career on the practice squad. 

Friend asked me recently if I would take Zimmer as DC right now. I would. As DC only? Yeah, I think I would. Wouldn't happen in a million years. We wouldn't offer it and even if we did, he wouldn't accept it.

However, it made me think about Shelley. I think it's probably easier for an inexperienced corner to come in and play well in a Donatell defense. If this were a Zimmer defense, it would be a couple of years before we could expect that. 

Shelley and Jones definitely came up huge and were difference makers.  Shelley has been solid and ready to ball out every time he has unexpectedly been thrown into the mix.  If you look at the last play with the Bynum pick, Shelley was right there to knock it away.  Jones was everything Z and Hunter were not yesterday and really picked us up.  

Bynum continues to be a solid under the radar players.  He got things going with the tip that cause the interception and led to our first points and finished the game.  He also made the key pass break up at the end of the NE game last week and has consistently flashed in the big moments.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Yeah, he's been solid considering he's spent most of his career on the practice squad. 

Friend asked me recently if I would take Zimmer as DC right now. I would. As DC only? Yeah, I think I would. Wouldn't happen in a million years. We wouldn't offer it and even if we did, he wouldn't accept it.

However, it made me think about Shelley. I think it's probably easier for an inexperienced corner to come in and play well in a Donatell defense. If this were a Zimmer defense, it would be a couple of years before we could expect that. 
The scheme Donatell is running is terrible, but at least he doesn't intimidate or have his players playing scared. He also doesn't play favorites. Zimmer on the other hand, sounds like he was about a step above Urban Meyer as far as how he treated the team.

Zimmer wouldn't talk to Shelley if he was here. The video of KOC telling Shelley that there is no one that fucking wants you out here more than I do during the New England game was awesome. There were things I appreciated about Zimmer but his time here has come and gone. I am concerned about the here and now and that includes Donatell.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

The scheme Donatell is running is terrible, but at least he doesn't intimidate or have his players playing scared. He also doesn't play favorites. Zimmer on the other hand, sounds like he was about a step above Urban Meyer as far as how he treated the team.
Play well is a bit over the top.  Shelley has flashed, as has Evans.  But the D while Dantzler and Evans were out has been pretty bad.

Give me the Division title, KOC coach of the year, and a lot of young promising talent this year and i am going to very happy with this year.
Next year we keep building the offense and address the issues with the defense 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

The problem with Donatell's scheme is the lack of consistent pressure on the QB. To sit back in coverage, you need to get home quickly and we are too inconsistent with our DLine pressure. We also don't have the right personnel to run his scheme effectively. What's frustrating is that I haven't noticed any adjustments to his scheme to put the players we have in the right places to make plays based on their skill set. I echo the impressive game Jones had and wished he would have gotten more snaps yesterday, especially with Hunter not doing anything again. Not only does Hunter look lost in this scheme, but he seems to have lost his strength and quickness that made him an unstoppable beast before all his injuries. 

Lack of a pass rush this year is one of the big achilles heels on the team. Donatell is not blitzing much at all either. Hell, I rarely see 7 in the box these days.

I thought Hunter played the run well yesterday and I suspect thats been the case a lot of the time this season. I'm just used to him pressuring the qb more blatantly and getting a ton of sacks. He is not that impactful of a player since the injury. 

I don't know if he's long for the Vikings world in a 3/4 anymore tbh? Like one poster mused, he might be the trade bait to moving on up in next years draft.