Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimmy G out for the season
Broken foot, surgery tomorrow. Might hurt the Niners chances, not sure if Purdy can be the answer or not.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...oken-foot/

Yeah that injury looked brutal. Bummer 

That sucks for him.  49ers are toast now.  They should still make the playoffs but their Super Bowl hopes are dashed unless this Purdy guy is something.

Their 3rd string guy is our 2nd stinger now so they are really onto their 4th string QB arent they?

Media is on the Purdy bandwagon.....lol. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Their 3rd string guy is our 2nd stinger now so they are really onto their 4th string QB arent they?
Yep. Bet they wish they still had Mullens. But the 49ers are a throw short and run after catch team. They won't miss Jimmy G as much as other teams might. 

That really sucks for them and JG ...I can't root for many NFC teams besides my own, but they'd be close. 

What really sucks imo is this - if there was 1 team I thought could keep Philly from the SB it was these guys. 

Well its very likely that we will be facing SF in the divisional round so I'm not crying about Jimmy G's season being over.

It's simple, we win 3 games out of 5, we are the 2 seed at worst.  SF is likely to win their division and be the 3# seed.  Both home favorites win in round 1, its SF at US Bank for the divisional round.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
Well its very likely that we will be facing SF in the divisional round so I'm not crying about Jimmy G's season being over.

It's simple, we win 3 games out of 5, we are the 2 seed at worst.  SF is likely to win their division and be the 3# seed.  Both home favorites win in round 1, its SF at US Bank for the divisional round.
I guess I hadn’t thought about seeding for #2. The Giants and Cowboy could in theory win all their games (not against each other) and end up with a better record but not get the #2. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Skodin" said:

I guess I hadn’t thought about seeding for #2. The Giants and Cowboy could in theory win all their games (not against each other) and end up with a better record but not get the #2. 
i think it happens every year where a wild card or 2 has a better record than one of the divisional winners and then their fans start screaming about seeding by record in the playoffs.