Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what happened to the Rams and Chargers?
Wow, how the mighty have fallen. The Rams looks like garbage and that was before yesterday's game.

I think Whitworth is out and they lost another OL guy or two, their defense has been banged up, Stafford had the elbow injury before the season and hasn't played well under pressure this year, been out with an injury...  Lost Kupp for the season a couple weeks ago...  Allen Robinson is not an equivalent replacement for OBJ...  Just a completely different team than last year.

I didnt realize they lost Kupp...I quit watching Rams games, too boring. I kept waiting for them to get out of their post SB malaise and it never happened. 

Rams have not been able to keep up with the injuries and Stafford was not healthy from day 1.  The Chargers are a different story and could end up being a legit contender, they are 6-5 with two 3 point losses to the Chiefs and could easily be contending with the Chiefs for the division.  They are in the wild card race, if they improve down the stretch they could be a dangerous team in the playoffs.

Quote: @JR44 said:
Rams have not been able to keep up with the injuries and Stafford was not healthy from day 1.  The Chargers are a different story and could end up being a legit contender, they are 6-5 with two 3 point losses to the Chiefs and could easily be contending with the Chiefs for the division.  They are in the wild card race, if they improve down the stretch they could be a dangerous team in the playoffs.
But in 4 of the Chargers wins, they barely beat: Broncos by 3 in OT, Raiders by 5, Browns by 2 and Cardinal by 1. So you can look at it both ways. They look very beatable. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JR44 said:
But in 4 of the Chargers wins, they barely beat: Broncos by 3 in OT, Raiders by 5, Browns by 2 and Cardinal by 1. So you can look at it both ways. They look very beatable. 
Agree, they are definitely very beatable, they make a lot of dumb mistakes and I am not sure about their coach and some of the decisions he makes, they seem to play a little out of control at times, going for 2 yesterday worked out for them, but a for a team that could not have afforded a loss was a really questionable move.  However, with a QB like Herbert who although at times has been a little erratic is also capable of having a Mahomes or Allen type game and that makes them a team that a lot of teams would not want to play in the playoffs.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@StickyBun said:
@JR44 said:
Agree, they are definitely very beatable, they make a lot of dumb mistakes and I am not sure about their coach and some of the decisions he makes, they seem to play a little out of control at times, going for 2 yesterday worked out for them, but a for a team that could not have afforded a loss was a really questionable move.  However, with a QB like Herbert who although at times has been a little erratic is also capable of having a Mahomes or Allen type game and that makes them a team that a lot of teams would not want to play in the playoffs.  
For sure. Those types of QBs can elevate and take a team deep in the playoffs on their backs.

With the Rams, the decline all starts with the Oline: injuries, retirements.  This is followed by injuries to Kupp, etc.  

With the Chargers, it starts with the coaching.  Look for Sean Payton to be the Chargers coach next year.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I think Whitworth is out and they lost another OL guy or two, their defense has been banged up, Stafford had the elbow injury before the season and hasn't played well under pressure this year, been out with an injury...  Lost Kupp for the season a couple weeks ago...  Allen Robinson is not an equivalent replacement for OBJ...  Just a completely different team than last year.
whitworth retired last spring.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
With the Rams, the decline all starts with the Oline: injuries, retirements.  This is followed by injuries to Kupp, etc.  

With the Chargers, it starts with the coaching.  Look for Sean Payton to be the Chargers coach next year.
I'd rather have him over in the AFC coaching Chargers or Broncos vs The Cardinals.