Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The NFC keeps falling the Viking's way....
I'm not talking about Philly, I think its a pipedream that the Vikings could get home field advantage throughout the playoffs. But the rest of the NFC (outside the NFCN) keeps losing to make the Viking's entry into the playoff easier each week. So what is Minnesota's magic number to clinch the division now....1? I mean, the Packers-Lions-Bears just keep losing every week en masse like clockwork. 

Minnesota is a flawed division leader, but that doesn't mean they can't have a big bite come playoff time. Especially at home. Just keeping stacking the Ws when they can and lets see what could happen. 

There are 6 games left, still a chance for the 1 seed.  Never know what's going to happen in the NFL.

That said, seems likely we'll be the #2 but need to keep winning if we want to hold that since SF is getting hot.

I think the magic number is 1 for the Packers and 2 for the Lions for us to clinch the division.  Pretty sure regardless of what happens this week, we can clinch if we beat Detroit in Week 13.

Philly just finished the cheese cake part of their schedule. Now they play the Titans at home, then three straight on the road at NYG, at Bears, at Cowboys, then the Saints and Giants again. There's at least a couple losses in that. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/status...7448604673

I thought Love looked good last night...They may be ready to run with him for some games yet this year. They got the excuse in the butt injury Rogers has. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/status...7448604673
I don't know if he deserves heat for this...  I'm sure LaFleur and the front office have already talked about what would happen if/when they are eliminated.  He's got a thumb injury and now a rib injury...  Pretty sure they've told Aaron if they are out, then he'll be sitting out to heal up. Packers know they have to figure out what they have in Love in case Rodgers retires or wants out.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I don't know if he deserves heat for this...  I'm sure LaFleur and the front office have already talked about what would happen if/when they are eliminated.  He's got a thumb injury and now a rib injury...  Pretty sure they've told Aaron if they are out, then he'll be sitting out to heal up. Packers know they have to figure out what they have in Love in case Rodgers retires or wants out.
I read where they got a $20mm option to figure out on Love by 24...So not around the corner, but thats big $ and they'll want to be really sure what they got (or not). 

I thought he looked good off the bench last night; off-the-bench. 

It would just be the Vikings luck for this to be the year that they eliminated the bye for the #2 seed and we finish at 2.  Philly has looked pretty dominant, but they did give up 33 points to GB which is the most points they have scored all year and gave up 114 yards in less than a quarter to a QB with 70 career pass attempts.  Personally, I don't think it is a recipe for success when your QB has more rushing than passing yards.  I don't see that being sustainable in the long run.  If we take care of business I think we could have a shot at the 1 spot.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Philly just finished the cheese cake part of their schedule. Now they play the Titans at home, then three straight on the road at NYG, at Bears, at Cowboys, then the Saints and Giants again. There's at least a couple losses in that. 
On the contrary, I see 1 loss at most.  The Saints are trash, the Bears D might give up 50 and the NYG are fading.  Maybe they lose @Dallas but that's it.  The Vikings had their chance for the 1 seed vs. Dallas and forgot to show up for it.  Now they have to do it the hard way.