Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings open at -3.0 vs Jets

Who cares about Vegas? Seriously they have to just play the games. I don't care about talking heads or rankings, the important thing is to get the job done. I kind of like the idea of being the underdog and using that to their advantage.

Can't blame Vegas. Too many close games. Just win, baby.

Jets will be a tough out. Well coached. Defense is top notch.

If you think it's a soft line, bet into it.  That's the point, not complaining about it in a forum.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Yea looks like the Jets will be starting Mike White at QB.  Last year he lit up the Bengals starting after Wilson went down.  He also started 2 losses and threw around 5 Int's and looked more like a rookie QB.  He has been in the league since 2018 but only game time was last year with the Jets.  So, he is not a rookie but is a young starter who makes mistakes.  We are going to have to capitalize on those mistakes and bring/get pressure, Jets OL is not very good so we should be able to do so.  The difference this year with the Jets is they have much better skill players then they did last year including Conklin at TE.  

We will get a looksee at Mike White vs the Bears tomorrow in limited action he looked like a gunslinger (also mistakes) when I watched him last year, but I only saw his good game vs Cincy.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Yea looks like the Jets will be starting Mike White at QB.  Last year he lit up the Bengals starting after Wilson went down.  He also started 2 losses and threw around 5 Int's and looked more like a rookie QB.  He has been in the league since 2018 but only game time was last year with the Jets.  So, he is not a rookie but is a young starter who makes mistakes.  We are going to have to capitalize on those mistakes and bring/get pressure, Jets OL is not very good so we should be able to do so.  The difference this year with the Jets is they have much better skill players then they did last year including Conklin at TE.  

We will get a looksee at Mike White vs the Bears tomorrow in limited action he looked like a gunslinger (also mistakes) when I watched him last year, but I only saw his good game vs Cincy.  
Well, Mike White played like he did lasy year vs Cincy today.  Let's hope he now plays like his last two starts last year which were littered with mistakes and Int's.

Very tough out for us becuase the Jets have talent across the board and with a decent QB are a playoff team.  Probably the most difficult team we have remaining better then the Giants and Packers IMO. But we are also a playoff team and we are home so it should be a tough win.  

I know some will be howling in here next week if White lights it up against Minnesota, but he threw for 315 yards and 3 TDs yesterday. Its not like it would only be Minnesota that a 'backup' went crazy on. Wilson was in there because he was a high draft pick, not because he was better than White. 

Jets D will keep them in the game for a while,  our house,  our fans, lots of noise,  our D better have a plan to utilize that advantage against an inexperienced QB and make sure to not let white have a repeat performance...although I suspect he will.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Jets D will keep them in the game for a while,  our house,  our fans, lots of noise,  our D better have a plan to utilize that advantage against an inexperienced QB and make sure to not let white have a repeat performance...although I suspect he will.
White played great vs Cincy last year but after he had 2 clunkers....

White played great against the Bears last week but after had a ___________?

Did game film help those teams last year shut down White and force errors or was it just better defenses?  We have the tape to review his tendencies so maybe we can slow him down plus we get Tomlinson and Evans back which helps as well.