Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
49ers look damn good
Yikes. Obviously, there's a difference between teams like San Fran, Dallas, Philly and a team like Minnesota. Vikings need to focus on winning the NFCN and then hopefully have some shit figured out to compete in the playoffs or they could get steamrolled in the post season. Need Tomlinson back, need Dantzler and Evans back, etc. Should be interesting to watch it unfold into January.

They played a shitty Cardinals team lead by an incompetent hc.

That said, their o and dlines are superior and would kick our asses which pretty much is what will happen come playoff time.

I didnt watch the game, but I do believe that the 49ers and Dallas are the two best teams in the NFC right now. But that's the key..."right now." We'll see who's hot and healthy come playoff time.

Vikings have some problems to solve. Getting healthy is just one. 

My $ has been on the 9'ers for a while now...But yah - most pundits would say Philly/Dal (maybe 49'ers) are the class of the Conference and then you have the second tier of MN, Giants, Sea etc...

I think the Vikes have had a hot start - now it's dough time. We'll see. 

the difference between us vs SF, Dallas, and Philly?  We don't have enough DOGS in the trenches.  We need a player on each side of the ball, someone with impact at DE and RG.  We have studs on the edges, but these teams have studs on the edges and inside.  That's the problem.

George Karlaftis would have been real nice in the moved down 1st.  Paying for a quality NFL RG would have been real nice in FA.

Those teams are as tough as they come in the trenches, that's the difference.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
the difference between us vs SF, Dallas, and Philly?  We don't have enough DOGS in the trenches.  We need a player on each side of the ball, someone with impact at DE and RG.  We have studs on the edges, but these teams have studs on the edges and inside.  That's the problem.

George Karlaftis would have been real nice in the moved down 1st.  Paying for a quality NFL RG would have been real nice in FA.

great post!

I thought that Wash DL was a hell of a handful too - but they aren't in the same class as the elite of the conference. 

The Vikings got smoked by Eagles in 2017,  In 2019 it was the niners. 

To me  both teams had better Oline and Dline.

Fast Forward to 2022 = Same thing.

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
The Vikings got smoked by Eagles in 2017,  In 2019 it was the niners. 

To me  both teams had better Oline and Dline.

Fast Forward to 2022 = Same thing.
I think we've closed that gap some with players like Z and Darrisaw...O'Neil is pretty damn good too. 

Hopefully they keep adding to the trenches and I'd like to see us get a real thumper @ LB and a good corner. 

That just wont happen in one year unfortunately. 

If we fix our OL and DL issues,  we wont need expensive studs at other more expensive positions,  a quality OL covers up for average RBs and even QBs ( no you wont get by with shit, but you dont need a top tier QB to be competitive either )  same with DL,  if they can stop the run and put pressure on the QB,  average LBs and DBs will do in most cases.  I think we need to focus more on interior OL an DL,  and then go looking to fix other positions,  because shitty interior line play drags down all the other positions on the field.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Skodin" said:

great post!

I thought that Wash DL was a hell of a handful too - but they aren't in the same class as the elite of the conference. 

No, not the team as a whole, but their DL is.