Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booth to start at CB

Akayleb Evans still in concussion protocol

Alright let's see what we got in Booth.  He was a projected 1st rounder in most of the drafts that I saw, and I really liked the pick/move up in the second round for him.  In fact, I didn't see Cine as high as we took him but if you just reverse the pick slots with the same players that was more what I expected.  My point is, I liked the Booth and Cine picks.  Let's see if Booth can step-up!

Edit disclaimer - I would have liked Booth pick after we moved down.  I would have taken Hamilton most likely or maybe McDuffie if we stayed put.  I would not have traded down for the value we got but who cares at this point lets see what we got Smile  

Doomed.  Have you seen him play?

hope he can stay healthy for a game

Maybe a week prepping to start will help him

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Maybe a week prepping to start will help him
Hope so. But he's starting because of injuries to Dantzler and Evans, so.....not ideal. 

Booth is going to be targeted, but there's no reason to expect failure here. Sauce and "Short-arm" McDuffie are rookies and both are playing at a near elite level. 

I don't expect that from Booth quite yet, considering how much time he's missed, but he's a former 5-star recruit who is used to covering the best receivers in college football.  So I expect him to do his job and show why he was considered one of the top corners in the draft. 

gonna need an aggressive pass rush and get to Zac fast. as they say, a DB’s best friend is a great pass rush. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Booth is going to be targeted, but there's no reason to expect failure here. Sauce and "Short-arm" McDuffie are rookies and both are playing at a near elite level. 

I don't expect that from Booth quite yet, considering how much time he's missed, but he's a former 5-star recruit who is used to covering the best receivers in college football.  So I expect him to do his job and show why he was considered one of the top corners in the draft. 
Lol. Booth wasn’t the worst on the field today. That title goes to the oline. But he sure has a ways to go.