Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Situational Master Class
I watched in a bar with no audio so I have no idea what the announcers were saying, but it sure seemed like all the bounces were going against us in this one. Unlike the previous five games, this time WE were the team committing crucial penalties, we were the team letting balls go through our hands, we were the team getting really bad spots, calls, etc....and we still won. 

That last drive was a master class in situational football. I think we had close to 7 minutes left? I told my son there's no way we're going to be able to burn all of that, so best thing is to just score right away. But the Vikings did it. They burned all but 16 seconds of that clock, and all three Washington timeouts, when Joseph kicked the game winning field goal. 

This drive, and the drive before when the Vikings forced Washington into a crucial 3 and out, were the best football we played all day. Maybe there's something to O'Connell's "be at your best when your best is required." 

But hey Kev....maybe just tell them it's always required? 

I was doing yard work so i listened on the radio until the 4th quarter.
Of course PA is a homer, but it seemed even the way Bercich was reacting that the Vikings were shooting themselves in the foot all day.
The 4th quarter couldnt have gone better for the Vikings though, and they created that. Kind of seemed they flipped the switch and decided to go win the game.
I remember watching a show on the Purple People Eaters and one if them said it would get to a point in the game where they would just say, well I guess we are going to have to go win this game. You wonder why they didn't think that way all the time?

I know there are ebbs and flows in games, but I would love for it to be all Vikings all game once in a while