Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEAM BUILDING WIN TODAY . . . on the road, vs bad calls
and a defense that counters your weakness with premier interior line play and you still win.  

this is the sort of game that makes players believers which can be the difference.

The defense played their ass off today and the deep ball was an instant pick by Bynum

The refs were terrible today, absolutely terrible.  Jerome Boger is a horrible official but regardless of that and Washington's premier interior DL we won

That's character building, confidence building.  4.5 game lead going into mid November, we can beat anyone, lets go!

As well as bad offensive play calling and blocking. Cousins took a lot of shots. Kudos to Harrison Smith for turning the game around.

Today was definitely more character building...

Commodes DL is tough and the Vikings OL has their work cut out for them with Buffalo and then Dallas the next two weeks. Two outstanding DL teams. 

Anyone questioning Cousins' worth after this game should turn in their fan card. Guy was getting blasted all game and still stood tall in the pocket and delivered a perfect long ball to JJ when we desperately needed it. He again put that ball where only Cook could catch it in the end zone for the tie. Stone cold.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Anyone questioning Cousins' worth after this game should turn in their fan card. Guy was getting blasted all game and still stood tall in the pocket and delivered a perfect long ball to JJ when we desperately needed it. He again put that ball where only Cook could catch it in the end zone for the tie. Stone cold.
Yep, he frustrates me sometimes but today, actually all year, he was gold in the 4th quarter.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Amen...

I think KC's play being so exemplary is why KAM doubled down and got TJH too - they know they can win with him starting @ QB. 

Cousins is tough as nails. 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Yep, he frustrates me sometimes but today, actually all year, he was gold in the 4th quarter.
As much as he frustrates me, I think he frustrates himself even more. He gets mad out there and it seems he’s more upset with himself than anyone else. 
He’s a perfectionist and I think that’s a great quality, but sometimes he should just wing it, like on the TD run last week against Arizona.

I have never seen an official so out of place, especially on a deep ball, I don't understand how he ends up right in the middle of the play, seems like he was watching the flight of the ball and not the direction of the players.  I am sure he was embarrassed and felt awful about it and I did feel bad for him.  I have seen officials cost a team points with a bad call, but never seen an official directly cost a team a 7 points like that.   You would have thought the official would have tried to make up for that some, but they continued to be one sided. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
I have never seen an official so out of place, especially on a deep ball, I don't understand how he ends up right in the middle of the play, seems like he was watching the flight of the ball and not the direction of the players.  I am sure he was embarrassed and felt awful about it and I did feel bad for him.  I have seen officials cost a team points with a bad call, but never seen an official directly cost a team a 7 points like that.   You would have thought the official would have tried to make up for that some, but they continued to be one sided. 
I don't know wtf that official was doing there - except that it almost looked like he was sizing Cam up and delivered a perfect form tackle to take him out of the play.