Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
74 and cloudy in Wash DC at game time....
Might be getting some small showers there until about 10 am. Winds at around 9 mph. Not too bad for November 6th in the northeast. 

I like the weather. I like that it's a revenge game for Cousins. I like that it's an early Sunday game. But that's about where it ends. Everything else about this game spells trap. 

Agreed, this is the definition of a "trap game" if there ever was one...

Losing Tomlinson hurts literally and figuratively. I would run the ball like hell today if I was Washington. 

Commodes are + 3.0 in Vegas this am.

The Vikings are a tough team to trust in right now. It would be great to have a nice, statement type win today on the road, but that's probably not how its going to go down. Road games are hard to win in general. I have no idea what's going to happen. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
The Vikings are a tough team to trust in right now. It would be great to have a nice, statement type win today on the road, but that's probably not how its going to go down. Road games are hard to win in general. I have no idea what's going to happen. 
Yup, I'm still skittish their 6/1 is a fascade - maybe it aint?

For me, how they play the next 3 is telling;

Wash: Road games vs any team are difficult and fans should rejoice in an ugly win with no injuries if thats what happens
Buffalo: Be Competitive 
Dallas; Win @ home against a strong NFC opponent on prime time

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Wash: Road games vs any team are difficult and fans should rejoice in an ugly win with no injuries if thats what happens

In the land of the unexpected, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this happens:

1. Vikings drop a duke in DC. It's the perfect storm: Commies winners of three straight, at home, underdogs but also underrated, the kind of QB we struggle against, defense is elite against 11 personnel, our staple. 

Vikings, now "exposed," drop in power rankings, the buzz turns sour. The spinning newspaper headline reads "Vikings not as good as record," which we all knew anyway. But a funny thing happens....

2. Vikings go to Buffalo and win behind a big game by Dalvin Cook. Buffalo doesn't have many weaknesses but running the ball (with RBs) and stopping the run are a couple. The fewer passes in this game, the more it favors the Vikings. 

I think this is actually a bigger game than the Buffalo game, it means more from a conference tie breaking standpoint and there is more pressure to win this game.  In the past, it's the kind of game we would come out flat for, but Cousins has shown a lot more fire this year and I think he and the team come out with a lot of energy for this game and take control from the start.  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

In the land of the unexpected, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this happens:

1. Vikings drop a duke in DC. It's the perfect storm: Commies winners of three straight, at home, underdogs but also underrated, the kind of QB we struggle against, defense is elite against 11 personnel, our staple. 

Vikings, now "exposed," drop in power rankings, the buzz turns sour. The spinning newspaper headline reads "Vikings not as good as record," which we all knew anyway. But a funny thing happens....

2. Vikings go to Buffalo and win behind a big game by Dalvin Cook. Buffalo doesn't have many weaknesses but running the ball (with RBs) and stopping the run are a couple. The fewer passes in this game, the more it favors the Vikings. 
I think thats only because olde Les rarely (if ever) loads the box...