Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good are the Eagles?
Folks question how good the Vikings are considering our opponents, but how good are the Eagles?

Stole this from Twitter....

Are the eagles actually good? 
Wk1: 3 point win over 29th ranked team 
Wk2: cousins in prime time, 0 second half points 
Wk3:decisive win one 23rd ranked team 
Wk4: close game vs 24th ranked team 
Wk5:3 point win vs 30th ranked team 

Wk6: win over cooper rush. (This is their first good win) 
Wk7: bye 
Wk8: decisive win over 26th ranked team 
Wk9: close game vs 32nd ranked team.

well their biggest weakness is run defense to date, we shall see…

then the question is.... how good are the Vikings that they got piss pounded by a questionable Eagles team?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
then the question is.... how good are the Vikings that they got piss pounded by a questionable Eagles team?
Not sure how much stock you can put into that piss pounding, as you call it, by the Eagles.  It was week 2 with new coaches, new defensive players, and on the road with a new defensive scheme after a big emotional win over the dreaded Packers.  Players were just getting a feel of what their roles were in that new defense.  Play the Eagles now and it could be a very different outcome.

Quote: @Greylock said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Not sure how much stock you can put into that piss pounding, as you call it, by the Eagles.  It was week 2 with new coaches, new defensive players, and on the road with a new defensive scheme after a big emotional win over the dreaded Packers.  Players were just getting a feel of what their roles were in that new defense.  Play the Eagles now and it could be a very different outcome.
I look forward to a rematch.  Hopefully at home in the NFCCG.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Just as questionable. I tend to think you can't really get an accurate picture from one game, but you can over several, as that tweet attempts to do. And clearly the Vikings have their own questions.

My gut says neither are as good as the Bills, but we'll see what these teams look like in 10 weeks, because that's when it really matters. 

The Eagles are a very difficult matchup offensively. The big difference between them and the Vikings is Hurts ability to extend and make plays with his running ability. I think the rest is pretty even across the board 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Just as questionable. I tend to think you can't really get an accurate picture from one game, but you can over several, as that tweet attempts to do. And clearly the Vikings have their own questions.

My gut says neither are as good as the Bills, but we'll see what these teams look like in 10 weeks, because that's when it really matters. 
thats where I am as well,  the Vikings are a tier 2 team right now IMO,  they arent the bills, or chiefs,  but they arent that far behind either and could win a game against those teams if the ball bounced right

Quote: @Greylock said:
@JimmyinSD said:
so the week 1 piss pounding ( at least for a half) that the Vikes put on the Packers is meaninless as well since it was likely just luck with all those new coaches and schemes to figure out?  kind of hard to use the new excuse for a decisive loss when they have won every other game they have played ( with a little help from luck as well )

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Folks question how good the Vikings are considering our opponents, but how good are the Eagles?

Stole this from Twitter....

Are the eagles actually good? 
Wk1: 3 point win over 29th ranked team 
Wk2: cousins in prime time, 0 second half points 
Wk3:decisive win one 23rd ranked team 
Wk4: close game vs 24th ranked team 
Wk5:3 point win vs 30th ranked team 

Wk6: win over cooper rush. (This is their first good win) 
Wk7: bye 
Wk8: decisive win over 26th ranked team 
Wk9: close game vs 32nd ranked team.
Do the same for our wins and compare.

They had a decisive win against us and the rest you can see some common opponents like the Redskins coming up.  Anyway, just a paper comparison other than our actual matchup which we were manhandled again in Philly.  Sure, hope we would play them better today and even better when it counts.  Here's to hoping the Iggles are peaking too early, and we are gearing up!!