Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darrisaw has been a revelation
He's flat out dominating. Kicking ass in both the run game and pass protect. This is a legit top 3 LT in the NFL. I was hoping for above average, which would have been a nice upgrade, but he's so much more. His aggressiveness is something he really didn't have a ton of in college, but man you see it as a pro. His development has been rapid. So nice to see as a fan. 

I was so upset during the draft when we passed on him and moved down.  Thank goodness for the Raiders taking leatherwood and Darrisaw dropping into our laps. Great pick by Spelly.
Darrisaw was my target pre-draft.  I liked him as much as Slater (who I think we tepidly put a feeler out for at 8) because he had the prototypical long arms of a LT while Slater's are shorter.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
He's flat out dominating. Kicking ass in both the run game and pass protect. This is a legit top 3 LT in the NFL. I was hoping for above average, which would have been a nice upgrade, but he's so much more. His aggressiveness is something he really didn't have a ton of in college, but man you see it as a pro. His development has been rapid. So nice to see as a fan. 
He's been a block of concrete this year. What's more, his highlights show a nastiness that rarely showed up in his college tape. He's got a great chance to make Pro Bowl or All Pro this year. So rare these days to have Pro Bowl-caliber players on both sides of the line. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
He's been a block of concrete this year. What's more, his highlights show a nastiness that rarely showed up in his college tape. He's got a great chance to make Pro Bowl or All Pro this year. So rare these days to have Pro Bowl-caliber players on both sides of the line. 
He's a pro-bowler alright...and still under a rookie contract!

The gods owe us this one...

Been way to long since they've had a decent LT, let alone one who is legit Pro Bowl and sniffing All Pro air. 

While the mid-round draft picks derailed the roster's depth under Spielman, you do have to give him credit for pulling the trigger on both Jefferson & Darrisaw in back to back drafts in the 20's none the less. Getting two all-pro players at priority positions is huge. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
While the mid-round draft picks derailed the roster's depth under Spielman, you do have to give him credit for pulling the trigger on both Jefferson & Darrisaw in back to back drafts in the 20's none the less. Getting two all-pro players at priority positions is huge. 
Those two are generational picks. And to get them in the 20s in back to back seasons is rare and remarkable. You can make an argument that in a redraft both would go in the top 5.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Rick did some good things. I didn't always agree with some of his draft philosophies, but I was surprised to see him released as to where Zimmer was expected. 90% of this roster are Spielmans guys, including Darrisaw. If the Vikings win a Super Bowl in the next couple years...I hope they send Rick a ring.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
That is what does it for me.  Great to have your premier player in the group have the attitude necessary to lead that group.  I think Reiff was a great add to the OL room at the time because he was all business, especially after the Alex Boone debacle. But give me an OT with some nastiness.