Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOC reacting to Cousins td run

Love how his first thought was protecting the football, also liked how positive he was going into the play.

Just bookmarked that.  KOC: "What the $^@& was that?" 
Bercich (I think) " What in the world just happened?"  

LOL

It was interesting because KOC really thought that play was going to work....and I heard Kirk at the presser afterward saying that Arizona did a great job of covering it....so Kirk ran. He's not fast but he's not slow, either. Not like either of the guys chasing him caught him, although it was a DT and LB I think. The only bad thing about that whole play was Ingram's pass protect: brutal. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
It was interesting because KOC really thought that play was going to work....and I heard Kirk at the presser afterward saying that Arizona did a great job of covering it....so Kirk ran. He's not fast but he's not slow, either. Not like either of the guys chasing him caught him, although it was a DT and LB I think. The only bad thing about that whole play was Ingram's pass protect: brutal. 
It was JJ Watt to be fair.  And watching Boone break down that play (I think it was this one), JJ dropped his head and came full power on the bull rush.  Ingram was way high and not ready for that.

These runs are there for KC in this offense. 

I hope KOC lets KC use his feet more than he has in the past.

Do 1-2 times a game it's another minor way  KC and this offense can  exploit matchups.

Quote: @Mattyman said:
These runs are there for KC in this offense. 

I hope KOC lets KC use his feet more than he has in the past.

Do 1-2 times a game it's another minor way  KC and this offense can  exploit matchups.
I dont think its a matter of "letting" or not letting KC use his feet,  its not a natural talent for Kirk and I think its more of an "oh shit" thing that leads to runs like last Sunday.  I agree that I think he needs to take that free 5-10 yards/first down about 2 or 3 times a game to help keep defenses honest against him,  but I really dont want KOC to start calling designed run plays for KC.

Here's a little more film on KOC's day

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/15885...27360?s=20&t=y_brPe5lOjYIF7_zn4OSAA

He's got the team playing loose...I'll give him that.

Quote: @badgervike said:
Here's a little more film on KOC's day

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/15885...27360?s=20&t=y_brPe5lOjYIF7_zn4OSAA

He's got the team playing loose...I'll give him that.
Such a positive guy.  Without being fake.

On a side note, anyone notice how bad Murray's mechanics are?