Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is being said about the trade for TJ Hockenson
NFL Next Gen Stats: “T.J. Hockenson (+117) trails only Christian McCaffrey (+163) in yards after the catch over expected this season. The dynamic tight end is a welcome addition to a Vikings TE group that ranked 30th in YAC over expected (-13) through the first 8 weeks of 2022.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-...rom-lions/

https://theathletic.com/3751952/2022/11/...ngs-lions/

It's been said elsewhere, but right now the Vikings are in line to pick 30th. Right now the Lions pick 1st. Our 2nd round pick is low at #61 (3 picks from the 3rd round) and the Lions 4th rounder is very high at #102 (1 pick from the 3rd round)

It's not too much of a stretch to say the Vikings got TJH for a top to bottom 3rd round downgrade. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
It's been said elsewhere, but right now the Vikings are in line to pick 30th. Right now the Lions pick 1st. Our 2nd round pick is low at #61 (3 picks from the 3rd round) and the Lions 4th rounder is very high at #102 (1 pick from the 3rd round)

It's not too much of a stretch to say the Vikings got TJH for a top to bottom 3rd round downgrade. 

Yea we got a 25 yr old former Pro Bowl TE for less than 500,000 this year and 9.4 million next season after a CAP increase.  All for an estimated 3rd round pick (value).  I'll take that all day long.
The 9.4 next season puts him as the 10th highest CAP hit for a TE which is in-line IMO.  Hopefully he outperforms!

This guy moves the chains and run blocks he is an all around TE that will help the whole offense and keep the defense off the field.  I did not see this coming but all the smoke was around finding an offensive weapon WR/TE and where there is smoke there is fire!  

Shout-out to the Wilf's who always provide the cabbage for this roster to improve!!

There sure was a lot of smoke out there Minny! Surprised there wasn't more talk about helping any level on our D. It is the achilles heel of the team in 22. 

I dont know what kind of player TJH will be here - but the smart $$ says he has a far better chance of reaching a higher plateau here than in motown. 

Thats whats exciting to me - his potential here in this system and surround. Something tells me KOC knows a thing or two about getting the most out of an exemplary TE. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
There sure was a lot of smoke out there Minny! Surprised there wasn't more talk about helping any level on our D. It is the achilles heel of the team in 22. 

I dont know what kind of player TJH will be here - but the smart $$ says he has a far better chance of reaching a higher plateau here than in motown. 

Thats whats exciting to me - his potential here in this system and surround. Something tells me KOC knows a thing or two about getting the most out of an exemplary TE. 
Yes, I was convinced that the WR/TE was just smoke and that we would sign a second level CB/DL or maybe a G.  

Bottom line - our offense is loaded and experienced - so they need to continue to put the points on the board to force the other teams Off to chase us and make mistakes like the Cards.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:

Yea we got a 25 yr old former Pro Bowl TE for less than 500,000 this year and 9.4 million next season after a CAP increase.  All for an estimated 3rd round pick (value).  I'll take that all day long.
The 9.4 next season puts him as the 10th highest CAP hit for a TE which is in-line IMO.  Hopefully he outperforms!

This guy moves the chains and run blocks he is an all around TE that will help the whole offense and keep the defense off the field.  I did not see this coming but all the smoke was around finding an offensive weapon WR/TE and where there is smoke there is fire!  

Shout-out to the Wilf's who always provide the cabbage for this roster to improve!!
If ever Cousins needed a safety blanket...this is the GUY!

According to ESPN wide receiver ratings (https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nfl-receiver-rankings/), Hockenson is the 37th best receiver (for comparison Thielen is # 32 and JJ is #8) and he is replacing Irv who is #86 of 98.

Colin Cowherd went gaga over the trade on the Herd today.  Gave the Vikings an "A plus plus plus" for filling (and upgrading) a need position while not actually giving up picks just moving down.

Quote: @RS Express said:
Colin Cowherd went gaga over the trade on the Herd today.  Gave the Vikings an "A plus plus plus" for filling (and upgrading) a need position while not actually giving up picks just moving down.
That's the best part. It's just a downgrade. No lost picks. If season ended today, the Vikings would be trading pick 61 for pick 102. It's not a huge downgrade.

For example, Alexander Mattison was picked at #102. That year, Taylor Rapp was #61. Big diff? Not really. 

Quote: @RS Express said:
Yea you get a 25 year old (signed through next season) former Pro Bowl TE for moving down a round in the draft.  It is a STEAL and Hock seems like the perfect fit in the offense plus he looks like our logo if he just grows out the mustache more ad does the handlebarSmile