Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cards @ Vikes
After you get past the betting bullshit (records against the spread, after byes, etc) which is utterly meaningless IMO, some pretty interesting observations HERE.

There is a pretty good chance the Vikings are frauds at 5-1, and that’s a popular theory given that this line has already been bet down by 1.5 points. The Vikings might be buyers at the trade deadline, but they could feel differently after this game. We picked the Cardinals last week because their defense is better than you think and they should have success this week blitzing Kirk Cousins. They will have to withstand a good start by the Vikings, as the disparity in offensive scripts between Minnesota coach Kevin O’Connell and Arizona’s Kliff Kingsbury is immense. On their first two possessions of games, the Vikings rank seventh in EPA per drive, while the Cardinals rank 26th.
"Kyler Murray is better as the games go on and he tunes out Kingsbury and scrambles more often, and now he has DeAndre Hopkins back. In his first game back from suspension, Hopkins received 48.3 percent of the Cardinals’ targets, the third-highest target share of any player in a game this season. And the Vikings rank 31st in pass defense DVOA overall and 31st vs. No. 1 receivers."
"Few would have predicted the Minnesota Vikings would jump out as one of the NFC’s top Super Bowl contenders at the midpoint of the campaign. With so many of the preseason favorites struggling, the Vikes have defied expectations and made a run to the top of the NFC North with a real chance to earn the top overall seed in the conference.
"Minnesota will look to keep a four-game win streak alive against the plucky Arizona Cardinals on Sunday afternoon. This could be the toughest challenge the squad has faced since a Week 2 defeat against the Philadelphia Eagles, especially since the Vikings haven’t been truly tested over the last month ...
"With recent trade acquisition Robbie Anderson also joining the mix after coming over from the Carolina Panthers, the Cardinals feature one of the league’s deepest and most dangerous receiving corps.
"If a Vikings secondary that has allowed 272.0 yards through the air this year—the fifth-most in football—can’t stop a potent Arizona aerial attack led by quarterback Kyler Murray and orchestrated by Kliff Kingsbury, this one could quickly get out of hand."

Good post here, MB. I'm very worried this team is a fraud and this is exactly the kind of game to expose it. I haven't said this on the board, but I don't have a great feeling about this game. But....if they do win.....I'll feel confident this team is going to the playoffs. I'd like to KOC gameplan the shit out of this game. 

A bad loss here and you doubt the shit out of the Vikings in a big way. Sigh....fingers crossed KOC is truly a curse breaker. It would be on brand for the Vikings to look like warm dog shit today. Hopefully not.

Yah, this game gives me the heebie/jeebies...

Running QB's always do, I think it stems from Steve Young. 

This is not a marquee game, but 6/1 would make me feel like 5/1 is less of a fraud than not. I'm not convinced they're as good as their record yet either 

This is one of those games in the past that we would allow Murray to throw for 400 and give the game away.  Will definitely tell us a lot about where this team really is.  I think the path of this season continues and we will do what we need to do to win.  I think this is the week the offense really clicks and we see them put up some serious points. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Good post here, MB. I'm very worried this team is a fraud and this is exactly the kind of game to expose it. I haven't said this on the board, but I don't have a great feeling about this game. But....if they do win.....I'll feel confident this team is going to the playoffs. I'd like to KOC gameplan the shit out of this game. 

A bad loss here and you doubt the shit out of the Vikings in a big way. Sigh....fingers crossed KOC is truly a curse breaker. It would be on brand for the Vikings to look like warm dog shit today. Hopefully not.
You could probably say this about most games, but I was thinking earlier that this is the game the season turns on. A pivotal game that tells us who we really are: a team deserving of a 6-1 record and some trade deadline activity, or the fraud some think we are. 

Of course it could also be just another game like the last 4, where the answer to that question eludes us once more, a game where we don't play well AGAIN, but find a way to win. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
This is one of those games in the past that we would allow Murray to throw for 400 and give the game away.  Will definitely tell us a lot about where this team really is.  I think the path of this season continues and we will do what we need to do to win.  I think this is the week the offense really clicks and we see them put up some serious points. 
God I hope you're right. Even if we lose, it would be nice to see the offense come untracked a little.

I see a high scoring game--a 34-27 type game. What scares me is how much the Cards blitz--something we haven't handled well so far this year. 

I’m always worried and think the Vikings are going to lose, mostly because I don’t trust this defense.

Total yards
Cards 375
Vikings 379
Another lucky win.

Quote: @Norse said:
Total yards
Cards 375
Vikings 379
Another lucky win.
A win is a win

Quote: @Norse said:
Total yards