Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now the Eagles want Kamara
Is this the new Dream Team?

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1...37345?s=20&t=rt1Z79K8nuX7xsBAKYltNw

They certainly look the part on both sides of the ball and Kamara makes em that much tougher to defend. I still think if you can force Hurts to pass you stand a chance - unless that part of his game has evolved a lot. 

I still don't know why he is not suspended pending his criminal case.

Seems like a weird trade...  Sanders has been good for them and they have Gainwell who has flashed...  Plus Boston Scott who is a tough runner.

Seems like a lot to give up when you already have a good RB group and Hurts is going to run the ball 8+ times per game.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
They certainly look the part on both sides of the ball and Kamara makes em that much tougher to defend. I still think if you can force Hurts to pass you stand a chance - unless that part of his game has evolved a lot. 
I dont remember who they played a few weeks ago that I was watching,  but I remember thinking Hurts looked to be getting better as a passer in that game.  Same with Fields in Chicago,  still does some stupid shit and has those bad bad throws,  but is looking like he might be getting it figured out as well at times.

I read an article recently that mentioned the Eagles were one of the teams trying to trade for Christian McCafrey. Wouldn't that have been something?

Quote: @DeepFreeze05 said:
I read an article recently that mentioned the Eagles were one of the teams trying to trade for Christian McCafrey. Wouldn't that have been something?
Yes, they were. 49ers offered more. So now they move to Kamara I guess. This would make them very difficult to defend. But I mentioned "Dream Team" for a reason. If anyone remembers, about 10 years ago, the Eagles brought in a ridiculous amount of talent, someone called it the "dream team" and they didn't even make the playoffs that year. I think the Eagles learned a lesson (or maybe not) about "fit" and "culture" that year. We'll see....

Rams playbook. It works. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Rams playbook. It works. 
Especially if you have a QB under a very friendly deal like Hurts rookie deal and Stafford's Cap hit last year was only around 18 million (going by memory) but point is if you can get a good enough QB that doesn't kill your CAP number then you can spread the talent/$$ throughout the roster.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@StickyBun said:
Rams playbook. It works. 
Especially if you have a QB under a very friendly deal like Hurts rookie deal and Stafford's Cap hit last year was only around 18 million (going by memory) but point is if you can get a good enough QB that doesn't kill your CAP number then you can spread the talent/$$ throughout the roster.  
its the cap friendly QB deal that made it work for the Rams las year. Just like the Chiefs under PMs rookie deal.

it makes our draft picks more valuable to us as well as critical in terms of having to hit to keep a competitive team with a QB making market money.