Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spot KOC a big olde division lead...
And we'll see what he can do with it...

We're about to find out if this team really is a top 3 seed in NFC or just a pretender. 

Yea hope to see some improvement coming off the Bye.  I expect improvement from our senior Offensive group with 10 of 11 starters from last year.  Kirk's experience should start to pay off with improved play.  Our OL improvement has been the highlight of the offense to date and that should pay dividends as well. 

The biggest barometer will be the cream of the crop game in Buffalo.  If we are competitive then we are for real.  The Eagles game we made a few mistakes (dropped TD etc) but overall, I think the Eagles toyed with us so we need to improve off of that early season game and build.  I don't think we have peaked at all so looking forward to watching the team develop and play with more consistency specifically on Offense which I think needs to carry the team in this upcoming stretch while the Defense catches up to all the new starters and scheme changes.   

If KOC can utilize Dalvin and our big bruising O-line more effectively, then we have a good chance going forward.

Probably more than anything, THIS has to improve....

https://twitter.com/DustBaker/status/158...08259?s=20&t=zc4EJDQSUOfD46OR3nebzw

That's not good company to be in...

Quote: @Wetlander said:
its those tendencies that have me looking past our record and being concerned for the competitiveness of this team.  the results dont reflect the path taken to get there.  Kirks low personal stats,  combined with the number of short drives... as well as other things leaves me wanting to see improvement.  really the O kind of peaked right out of the gate against the pack and hasnt shown any significant improvement IMO since then,  one could argue they have declined since teams now have a blue print to work from.

also on a side note,  the last time the Vikings were 5-1 to start the season, and the packers were 3-4 was 2004... anybody remember how that regular season turned out?  The puke hosted the Vikings for the wild card game, sure it made for one of the most memorable Vikings victories in franchise history,  but lets not forget history when kicking dirt on Rogers and company.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Jets and Titans are doing ok with it.  But yes, that is a huge problem for our offense and IMO it falls on the play caller.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Wetlander said:
Jets and Titans are doing ok with it.  But yes, that is a huge problem for our offense and IMO it falls on the play caller.
lots of parts to a plays success besides the play design or when its called.  I have seen Cousins on quite a few occasions this year switch out of a play to a run that is immediately stuffed for a loss or no gain due to the box being stacked.  now maybe that result is better than what would have happened if the first play was run,  but if that is the case then we really have a mess.  I am still of the belief that Cousins is scrambling mentally with this offense.  I dont think he has much comfort with it and it shows in a lot of way,  he tends to get sloppy in his passing mechanics when he isnt comfortable,  he doesnt get his weight through and throws high passes,  we have see a lot of his attempts go high this year,  we have seen him lose his already limited field presence and not move at all and take sacks that should have been avoidable,  this isnt all on Kirk,  but we know he can be better so I am hoping he spent his off week working with KOC and finding things that he is comfortable with so they can make those the gotta have plays that we use on the 3rd downs to  extend some drives instead of sending out our punter to try and set some new NFL record.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

Yes, this stinks, but what's wild is we've been getting away with it because we've had really good field position. Whether it's a defensive stop/turnover or a big special teams play, I feel like the Vikes have had better field position this year than we have in a long time. It's been frustrating seeing the offense squander it at times. Hoping for better post-bye.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

I saw that same graphic earlier but without including the Miami game. We end up having like the 8th best % if you don't factor that game.