Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doogie: 'Vikings looking for a field-stretcher before trade deadline'
That's the rumor. So Minnesota is looking for a WR, at least according to Doogie who is usually spot on with his sources. FYI.

A field stretcher implies someone fast. So another Jalen Reagor? Another Dan Chisena? Sure, you can find upgrades from those guys, but if so, you're talking about someone who's probably a starter right now, and that won't come cheap, neither in trade terms or salary. And then who does he replace in 3 WR sets? Thielen? KJO?

I'm sure KOC knows what he needs for his offense, but it just seems like the wrong road to go down when another pass rusher or defensive back would have more impact. JMO.

Yup, they do need a field stretcher who can catch and that wont be cheap (and it aint currently on the team). 

Reagor must really suck.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Yup, they do need a field stretcher who can catch and that wont be cheap (and it aint currently on the team). 
Well "need" is a relative term. Sure it's a need but on the hierarchy of needs for this team, I'd put it 3rd maybe 4th. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Well "need" is a relative term. Sure it's a need but on the hierarchy of needs for this team, I'd put it 3rd maybe 4th. 
Agreed, I wouldnt prioritize it over pass-rusher or a good corner, but they need is there. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
A field stretcher implies someone fast. So another Jalen Reagor? Another Dan Chisena? Sure, you can find upgrades from those guys, but if so, you're talking about someone who's probably a starter right now, and that won't come cheap, neither in trade terms or salary. And then who does he replace in 3 WR sets? Thielen? KJO?

I'm sure KOC knows what he needs for his offense, but it just seems like the wrong road to go down when another pass rusher or defensive back would have more impact. JMO.
Yea, I don't get this rumor either about a WR??  I would think DL/CB help is more warranted.   I have not seen a decline in Theilen/KJO not getting open although Theilen might not be a field stretcher anymore.  I guess the Eagles were right with Reagor not being a WR because he has not been utilized very much in the offense.  OBJ has been rumored but is he still a field stretcher at this point??  I don't get it and I hope it is just smoke and we are looking Defense.  

What level of field stretcher are we talking about?  Are we trying to get a WR4 that can get some
situational snaps or an upgrade to Thielen/KOC? 
I think most of our advances in our offense are going to come from
gelling and Cousins just solidifying his understanding.  If we can stuff another top quality receiver
onto our team it would certainly help us, but I’m not sure how much we gain
from bringing in someone elses 250 yards per year deep threat to get 4 snaps a
game.  I feel like we would get the same
level of output from having Raegor memorize 8 plays and just throwing them in
there once in a while.  Obviously getting
a game changer on offense would be huge, but regarding midlevel players, I have
to imagine that adding players to the defense would be much more beneficial.